Jack Welch, American businessman and former CEO of General Electric, once said, “Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” This is the reason the IDEA World Convention exists—to bring together some of the brightest people in the fitness industry so they can grow into greatness and inspire that growth in clients, students, athletes, co-workers and staff.
Comprising more than 330 sessions led by top coaches, entrepreneurs, and fitness, nutrition and wellness professionals, IDEA World offers the full spectrum of education you are seeking for instant and ongoing career growth, regardless of your position in the industry.
Read on for a sneak peek at what to expect from this year’s event.
Education, Connection, Inspiration
2019 attendee Denise Graef, owner of Denise Graef Fitness in Missoula, Montana, shares her IDEA World experience: “I came with a mindset to learn and connect. I packed my suitcase with workout attire and an attitude to grow and learn without preconceived expectations. I was not disappointed. I connected with other professionals, I learned more than my brain could process, and I gained insights and wisdom. I’m grateful for a live event to learn from and embrace human connection, for which there is no substitute.”
At IDEA World you’ll choose from hundreds of lectures, workshops and workouts; experience exclusive events; connect with new and old friends; and more. Here’s some of what awaits you:
- More than 225 experts in fitness, wellness and nutrition are ready to share everything they’ve learned about how to run successful businesses, build loyal followings and change lives.
- The Opening Ceremonies—an IDEA World favorite—features truly inspiring stories from people whose passion for the industry will start your event on a high note.
- The IDEA World Fitness & Nutrition Expo houses a stunning variety of equipment, apparel, food and technology brands that will help you discover new ways to serve others and grow your career.
Learn, Grow and Play in Sunny Southern California
Year after year, California is a sought-after vacation destination thanks to its exciting attractions and culture, the diversity of its natural beauty and, of course, the sunshine. Make sure you bookend the conference with extra time to explore the Golden State’s scenic coastlines, savor California’s food and wine, stroll the museums, and maybe seek some thrills at a theme park or two.
We’ll even offer expert-led outdoor Anaheim Adventures so you can enjoy Southern California’s charms from a local’s perspective.
Events Within the Event
This 4-day immersive event is back with more of the strategies, tips and first-hand knowledge you need to run a successful fitness business.
Designed specifically for club and studio owners, operators, program directors and managers, the IDEA World Club & Studio Summit features top educators who have built world-class studios, brands and companies that thrive and prosper. And they’re ready to show you how to follow in their footsteps.
“There is nothing better than learning from actual operators who are in the trenches sharing what works for them on a daily basis,” says presenter Chris Stevenson. “The info you receive is always tangible and actionable. You cannot help but get fired up when you’re not only around some of the most successful people in our industry but also with hundreds of other like-minded attendees eager to take their fitness business to the next level.”
Here’s what you’ll take away from this one-of-a-kind event:
- proven marketing techniques to improve your ability to stand out from the crowd and attract new clients
- expert advice on how to develop a unique culture that will turn prospects into raving fans
- ways to keep clients happy and engaged so they never look for another studio again
- tried-and-true plans for hiring and grooming rock star talent that your clients and members love
- systems to streamline your operations and earn you more time and money
- communication tools to help you connect more strongly with clients and staff
- tips on how to reduce cancellations, resignations and attrition by knowing your weaknesses and turning them into strengths
In 2020, this popular track provides more options than ever before. With insights and strategies from leading nutrition researchers and behavior change experts, you’ll head home loaded with ideas and primed to effect positive change in your community. This year, participants in the IDEA World Nutrition and Behavior Change Summit sessions have access to the entire IDEA World program for an even more comprehensive educational experience.
LES MILLS Lab Learnings
This all-new exclusive track is designed for those involved in the group exercise experience at any level, from new instructors to program directors. Enjoy your favorite workouts, like LES MILLS GRIT™ Cardio and LES MILLS BODYCOMBAT, plus grow your know-how with in-depth lectures and workshops on topics like group fitness management, exercise and stress, and programming for spine health.
ACE Mover Academy
Led by American Council on Exercise faculty, the ACE Mover Academy returns with an info-packed session in each time block. This curriculum was developed to provide you with expert guidance on how to coach more people toward sustainable and lasting healthy behavior change and what you can do to get more people moving more often. You’ll get first-rate education on these topics and more:
- speed training
- helping active agers enjoy a high-quality life
- functional movement for older adults
- impacting prediabetes and diabetes through exercise and movement
- principles and practices of stages of change
- loaded mobility training
TRX® Core Formula: Business | Coaching | Research | Delivery
Whether you’re new to the industry or an experienced vet, this year’s TRX sessions are designed to ensure you’re equipped with the coaching knowledge, business tools, skills and lasting growth strategies you need to deliver amazing experiences and achieve an extraordinary level of professional and personal fulfillment. This program is filled with workouts plus lectures and workshops on coaching, movement, business and more.
Dive Deep With Pre- and Postconference Sessions
Expand your knowledge of your favorite topics with extended, in-depth learning opportunities and walk away with a certificate of completion.
Preconference Sessions: Wednesday, July 8
- Integrated Approach to Program Design With the Mover Method with Chris Gagliardi, Todd Galati, MA, and Sabrena Jo, MS
- Balanced Body®: Anatomy + Movement—The Core Like Never Before! with Helen Vanderburg and Nico Gonzalez
- Brain Health Training: Exercise Programming and Techniques with Ryan Glatt and Cody Sipe, PhD
- Functional Aging Specialist Certification Workshop with Dan Ritchie, PhD
- Kettlebell Concepts: Level 1 Kettlebell Certification with Tyler Valencia, MS
- Medical Fitness Tour with Medical Fitness Tour Faculty
- NASM: Practical Applications for Corrective Exercise with Tony Ambler-Wright, MS, and Rick Richey, MS
- Powerful Me! The Strategies, Mindset and Actions of the Most Successful with Peter Twist, MSc
- Schwinn® Cycling: Indoor Cycling Instructor Certification Workshop with Jeffrey Scott, Robert Sherman and Doris Thews
- STOTT PILATES®: Fascial Movement and Application to Essential Matwork™ with Merrithew™ Faculty
- Training the Female Client with Erica Ziel
- Women’s LeadHER Conference with Liberty Bernal, Mo Hagan, Doris Thews and Brian Nunez
Postconference Sessions: Sunday, July 12
- Foundational Movement Anatomy and Kinesiology Modeling with Pete Holman, MSPT
- Zumba® Basic 1: Instructor Training with Abraham Hernandez and Eliza Stone
For more informations and to register, go to ideafit.com/world.