On March 15, IDEA Health & Fitness Association was honored with an induction into the National Fitness Hall of Fame. Award recipients are chosen based on their efforts to help millions of people make lasting, healthy lifestyle improvements. Previous winners
include Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, Dr. Kenneth Cooper and Jack LaLanne. IDEA’s 2008 IDEA Personal Trainer of the Year, Nicki Anderson (center), shown here with Tamilee Webb and Gilad Janklowicz, accepted the award on IDEA’s behalf. “I am grateful to accept this award on behalf of
the 23,000 IDEA Health & Fitness Association members in 85 countries who are influencing 25 million people each year,” she said. “IDEA fitness professionals comprise the front lines of the army that is motivating the masses to get fit. IDEA’s purpose is to Inspire the World to Fitness®, and its members do this every day through personal training, group exercise classes, yoga, Pilates—and the list of activities goes on and on.”
Following is the list of 2009 inductees:
- Fitness Pioneers: Joe Bonomo; Jim Lorimer
- Fitness Educators: Paul Bernstein; Jan Todd, PhD
- Fitness Instructors: Nancy Claussen; John Hansen
- Sports Medicine: Philip E. Claussen, DC; Nicholas A. DiNubile, MD
- Fitness Celebrity Spokesperson: Bob Richards
- Fitness Organization: IDEA Health & Fitness Association
More information and photos can be found at www.nationalfitnessmuseum.com.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up tp date with our latest news and products.