Over 200 world-renowned presenters will bring their expertise, dedication, passion and enthusiasm to their sessions at the upcoming 2015 IDEA World Fitness Convention™, July 15–19 in Los Angeles. These well-respected experts are constantly giving out tips and inspiring us to live better and be more successful. We asked some of this year’s most influential and motivating IDEA World presenters to share the single piece of advice they would give another fitness/health pro to help him or her live a successful and happy life.
Get ready to be inspired! Here are their answers:
1. “Never accept other people’s limited perceptions of you. Define yourself. You can do anything.”
—Jeanette Jenkins, President, The Hollywood Trainer LLC
—Eve Fleck, MS, Owner, Gym Without Walls
—Rachel Cosgrove, Owner, Results Fitness and Results Fitness University Inc.
4. “Never tire of showing your compassion for people who need your gifts; meet people where they are and help bring them forward in a loving way. You will have more opportunities than you can handle if you start all endeavors with a love for lifting others up!”
—Leslie Sansone, President, Walk Productions Inc.
5. “Move against your fear! I think a lot of people, myself included, become paralyzed when it comes to taking risks or trying something new to advance their professional careers. For example, we will hesitate or get stuck launching a new program or concept, or even going after new clients because we are worried that someone else is doing something similar or that we might be told no. Don’t let your fears hold you back from following your passion. Relentlessly pursue what you believe is your purpose, and greatness will come.”
—Alex Isaly, Celebrity Fitness Trainer and Radius Master Trainer for NBC
—Shannon Fable, Director of Exercise Programming, Anytime Fitness Corporate
—Fabio Comana, MA, MS, Exercise Physiologist
—Nora St. John, MS, Education Program Director
9. “Discover your WHY. Why did you choose to work in fitness? Why not some other field? Why are you willing to work long, odd hours to help others look and feel their best? Getting clear on why you’re in this field is, maybe, the most important career move you can make. Once you discover your WHY, you can get crystal-clear on everything you should be doing to be happy, to move your career forward, and to be in alignment with your goals, your purpose and your passion. It’s the one piece of information that makes a thousand decisions for you in advance. It becomes your compass for whether to take this opportunity or that one. It allows you to remain true to the reason you started in fitness in the first place, no matter how confusing or complicated or overwhelming things may get.”
—John Berardi, PhD, Co-Founder, Precision Nutrition
—Jeffrey Scott, National Group Fitness Manager of Cycling, Equinox / Schwinn Lead Master Trainer
—Dan McDonogh, Senior Manager of Performance Training, Under Armour
—Farel Hruska, National Fitness Director, FIT4MOM
—Brett Klika, CEO, SPIDERfit Kids
—Keli Roberts, Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor / Owner of Keli’s Real Fitness Inc.
—Amanda Vogel, MA, Fitness Writer, Blogger and Social Media Consultant
—Douglas Brooks, MS, Director of Athlete Conditioning, Sugar Bowl Academy
—Todd Durkin, MA, Owner, Fitness Quest 10 & Todd Durkin Enterprises
—Fabrizio Mancini, DC, Self-Healing Expert and TV and Radio Personality
—Amy Dixon, National Creative Manager for Group Fitness, Equinox Fitness Clubs
20. “In my twenties I chased my body. In my thirties I chased my business. Now, in my forties, I finally get it and I’m just living life in the moment. Always remember your happiness is defined by you, not by your body, your business or your accomplishments.”
—Mark Macdonald, Creator and CEO of Venice Nutrition
Join these presenters and over 200 more at the 2015 IDEA World Fitness Convention™. Will you be there? Let us know by leaving a comment!
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up tp date with our latest news and products.