When Carrie Haines first attended the IDEA World Convention in 2002, she had no idea how that decision would impact her
“The connections I have made through IDEA World led me to become a fitness writer, educator, and master trainer for three major fitness brands,” explains the Truckee, California-based fitness educator and fitness program advisor. “Attending IDEA World has opened so many doors for me professionally and personally. I have met the most incredible people and built friendships and business relationships that will last a lifetime.”
This year, Haines will add another accomplishment to her resumé as she heads to L.A. July 13–17 to join the team of more than 200 industry experts sharing insider knowledge on everything from exercise program design and
behavior change to marketing, nutrition, management, and the latest trends in group and mind-body programming. She wants you to join her.
Read on to find out some of what Haines and other members of IDEA World’s gold-standard faculty have in store.
The Best in Education
With more than 370 educational sessions and opportunities to earn 32+ CECs, IDEA World has more than enough content to satisfy professionals from all facets of the industry. Here’s a small sampling of what you can expect:
Small-group training continues to strengthen its influence on the fitness landscape, offering fitness pros a chance to help more people—and make more money—while giving consumers high-quality education for a lower rate.
- How to Maximize Revenue From
- Ramp Up Your Group Training Business With the Functional Movement Screen™ (FMS)
- GAME-ification of Small-Group Training Programs
Learning how to work with niche populations will expand your client reach and empower you to target new markets.
- Help Your
Overweight Clients—Be a Part of the Solution!
- 10 Simple Youth Fitness Assessment Solutions
- Functional Power Training for Older Clients, by FAI
Over the past several years, nutrition has become a prominent focus in helping individuals achieve long-term results.
- Get the Most Out of Your 60 Minutes—Nutrition Strategies for Before, During and After Exercise
- Protein Overload: Are You Eating More Than You Need?
- The Cost of Getting Lean—Is It Really Worth the Tradeoff?
There’s no getting around it—people are stressed due to life’s daily demands. You can help spread well-being by upgrading your mind-body know-how.
- Heavily Meditated and Highly Motivated—Meditation for the Fitness Mind
- Fast-Track Feldenkrais® for the Fitness Professional
- Groundplay: Explore Traditional Pilates Techniques
Ready to maximize profits and growth? Learn the most effective strategies.
- Package and Sell Your Fitness Expertise Online
- Strategize Your
Social Media With Six Steps to Success
- Fit Biz 101: Flex Your Marketing Muscle to Grow, Retain and Succeed
The IDEA World Fitness & Nutrition Expo
The excitement doesn’t stop when you leave the session rooms. The IDEA World Fitness & Nutrition Expo is your one-stop shop for everything you need to stay at the forefront of what’s fresh and trending in the industry.
- Experience and sample products, programs, equipment and trends from 300 fitness, wellness, apparel and nutrition companies.
- Learn about the most innovative food and
activity trackers, apps, client programs and more! There’s no denying that fitness technology is hot.
- Visit the Nutrition Pavilion to enjoy product samples, cooking demonstrations and nutrition education from more than 75 companies. The pavilion is your mecca for everything food-related.
- Try some of the latest exercise programs and trends and participate in demonstrations from your favorite fitness celebrities like Jillian Michaels and Cassey Ho at the IDEA World eXertainment Stage.
- Challenge your fitness skills with a pulse-pounding array of competitions in the IDEA World Challenge Arena, fueled by Gatorade® and Propel®. For example:
- Go for gold—and prizes—during a variety of grueling challenges at the IDEA Summer Games, powered by SPRI.
- Test your limits with the EPIC Series Challenge—the first-ever functional obstacle course that features more than a dozen fitness challenges.
Build a World-Class Club or Studio
For the first time in its history, IDEA World is hosting an entire event within the event dedicated toward those intent on creating a top-notch fitness facility. At the brand-new, 4-day IDEA World Club and Studio Summit, attendees will learn what it takes to build attention-grabbing
brands and businesses from 20 of the most innovative experts in the field.
There are many reasons to attend the IDEA® World Convention. You will have the opportunity to
- choose from more than 370 educational sessions that provide the strategies, insights and guidance you need to build a stronger career;
- learn from more than 200 of the most experienced and knowledgeable fitness industry thought leaders; and
- earn up to 32+ CECs to fulfill your certification requirements.
Perhaps above all, though, this one-of-a-kind event provides you the perfect occasion to reconnect with your global fitness community. This July 13–17, join the more than 14,000 professionals from 60 countries who will converge at L.A. LIVE with one shared mission: to inspire the world to greater fitness, health and wellness.
Save $70 With Early-Bird Pricing—Through June 3!
Register early and take advantage of significant savings on the cost of registration. Early-bird pricing for the full convention is $399 for members, $489 for nonmembers. Early-bird pricing for the 1-day package is $219 for members, $259 for nonmembers. Hurry, early-bird pricing expires June 3, 2016.
Discover more: www.ideafit.com/world.
Photographs by Len Spoden.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up tp date with our latest news and products.