Curious about fitness facility activity, usage and trends among consumers? Here are some highlights from The IHRSA Health Club Consumer Report: 2012 Health Club Activity, Usage, Trends & Analysis, released by the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association:
- Members visited fitness facilities an average of 102.5 times in 2011.
- From 2008 to 2011, the number of members visiting their facility at least 100 times per year increased by 3.6 million.
- The typical member visiting his or her facility at least 100 days per year in 2011
- was slightly more likely to be male than female;
- was about 42.9 years old;
- had at least a college degree;
- had been a member for an average of 5.4 years.
- Consumers paid an average of $42.55 in monthly membership
fees in 2011—an increase from $40.94 in 2008.
- 6.4 million Americans used personal training in 2011.
Want to access the full report? Visit www.ihrsa.org/consumer-report for
In order to operate your business safely, here is a legal crash course with 4 core tips you should keep in mind.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up tp date with our latest news and products.