Support Squad Program
1) IDEA Support Squad members receive the same benefits, including a certificate of completion with CEC approval, and attend the same social events as all other attendees.
2) Due to the popularity of this program, we require a $100 reservation deposit which will be refunded after your Support Squad commitment is complete. Here’s how it works:
- Complete the on-line Support Squad registration in full.
- Make sure you have selected 10 shift hours for IDEA Personal Trainer Institute or 14 shift hours for IDEA World.
- Enter your credit card information, which will be charged the $100 reservation deposit.
- Come support IDEA staff and Inspire the World to Fitness, while attending top-notch sessions and networking with like-minded fitness professionals!
- As long as you have supported the shifts you selected you will receive a full refund of $100 back to the credit card used for the reservation deposit within 2 weeks of the conclusion of the event. There is no need to call and request the refund, it will happen automatically.
- Due to the popularity of this program and limited spots available if you cancel at any point after placing the $100 deposit, or do not complete selected shift hours on-site your deposit will be forfeited.
- We understand circumstances beyond your control may occur so please contact Steffi Habermann if you have any concerns regarding this process.
3) IDEA Support Squad members will book their own travel and hotel accommodations. For great hotel rates and discounts visit the event travel page specific to the event you would like to support. If you are looking for a roommate, the IDEA Attendee Facebook Group is very active and we encourage you to post and search for people in a similar situation. Once your application has been accepted and your reservation deposit has been paid feel free to move forward booking your travel.
4) IDEA Support Squad members will support a total of 10 shift hours for Personal Trainer Institute Events and 14 shift hours at the IDEA World Convention over the course of the event to fulfill their commitment.
5) When not supporting a selected shift, Support Squad members are free to attend sessions on a space-available basis. Every effort is made to allow Support Squad members to attend the sessions of their choice but will not have a printed schedule. It is very rare, and generally only with extremely popular sessions that we are unable to accommodate a Support Squad member in a session room.
6) There will be a Support Squad meeting preceding each event. The exact time and location will be announced in follow-up communications but generally takes place the night before the start of the Convention or the morning of the first day of the Convention. We understand you have personal schedules that don’t always allow you to attend but highly encourage your participation in the training meetings. It’s a perfect opportunity to meet your fellow Support Squad members, gain valuable tips and training and ask any questions you feel will enhance your experience.
7) Due to last-minute cancellations and changes by Support Squad members, guaranteed schedules can NOT be assured. IDEA holds the right to change your shift selection. We promise all changes will be discussed with you first and clearly communicated. We will always do our best to take the needs of each Support Squad member into consideration. Communication is key, so please contact Steffi Habermann with any concerns.
8) Thank you for your interest in becoming a Support Squad member. We appreciate your help as we continue to Inspire the World to Fitness!