I love the Hopper Hand Run and the Lyon Street Run in San Francisco.
Hopper Hands http://www.yelp.com/biz/hoppers-hands-san-francisco.
– Places to stop along the way, like the Warming Hut, to get refreshments.
– The run can be as long or short as you want and there is parking (it’s my 6-7 mile run when I start from Union and Gough)
– Ocean View
– Flat surface
– Run on natural ground vs concrete.
– When it’s windy, sand blows in your face
– There are a ton of tourists on bikes
The Lyon Street Steps http://www.yelp.com/biz/lyon-street-steps-san-francisco
– Lots of steep hills to challenge yourself on
– Protected from wind
– 4 blocks worth of stairs are a fun challenge to run up
– Beautiful views from the top
– The hills if you have knee issues
– No where to stop for water or to use the bathroom
There are a million places to run in the city, but I like these two because they are convenient and fun.
Thanks Dee Dee for asking this question. I don’t live there but my son is in SF and I will visit soon and we love to run trails.