Salt Sensitivity, Nitrates in Vegetables, and the Pink Placebo Effect
September 2021 IDEA Fitness Journal
Welcome to the latest episode of the IDEA Listen & Learn CEC Podcast—the fitness industry’s first audible CEC program. In order to claim your CEC you will need to pass a short quiz which is available for purchase in the IDEA store. The quiz comes with the written version of the CEC articles on this podcast, so you also can read them and refer back to the research presented.
This episode contains information that has been approved for 1 CEC hour by more than 25 approval agencies including ACE, NASM, AFAA, ACSM and NFPT. It contains 22 short articles—9 from our Headlines news section and 13 from our Food for Thought news section, as published in the September 2021 edition of IDEA Fitness Journal. This collection of evidence-based news stories will bring you up to date on fitness trends, exercise research and the dynamic fields of diet, food, nutrition and behavior change science.
CEC articles included:
- Fitness and Health Motivation on the Rise
- HIIT Benefits Health
- Using Foam Rolling for Range of Motion
- Exercise and Mental Health During the Pandemic
- Best Time to Exercise for Metabolic Health
- Nitrates in Vegetables Help Build Muscle
- Unhealthy Eating Habits From the Pandemic
- Eating Fast Linked to Higher BMI
- Sugar in Baby Formula Causes Weight Gain
- Salt Sensitivity and High Blood Pressure
If you’d like to answer the question of the month, please email your feedback [email protected].
Read by Judy Minich – Production Editor – IDEA