Weightlifting Strategies, Gait Speed, Getting Ripped on Plants and more!
February 2020 IDEA Fitness Journal SPRINT Quiz
Welcome to the initial episode of the IDEA Listen & Learn CEC Podcast—the fitness industry’s first audible CEC program. In order to claim your CEC you will need to pass a short quiz which which is available for purchase in the IDEA store. The quiz comes with the written version of the CEC articles on this podcast, so you also can read them and refer back to the research presented.
This episode contains information that has been approved for 1 CEC hour by more than 25 approval agencies including ACE, NASM, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA and NFPT. It contains 20 short articles—10 from our Headlines news section and 10 from our Food for Thought news section, as published in the February edition of the award-winning IDEA FITNESS JOURNAL . This collection of evidence-based news stories will bring you up to date on fitness trends, exercise research and the dynamic fields of diet, food, nutrition and behavior change science.
CEC articles included:
- Best Focal Strategy for Weightlifting
- Health and Wellness Coaching Approved as Healthcare Service
- Midlife Gait Speed Linked with Lifelong Aging
- Active Pregnant Moms Boost Babies’ Fitness
- Dogs Help People Get Active
- Americans Are Still Eating a Lousy Diet
- You Should Be Chicken to Wash Chicken
- Recipe for Health: Orange-Glazed Butternut Squash with Herbed Pecans
- You Can Get Ripped on Plants
- Fruits and Veggies Silence Fat Genes
Read by Sandy Todd Webster, Editor in Chief, IDEA Publications