The Protein-Muscle Equation, Mitochondrial Woes, and the Dirty Dozen Strikes Again
June 2021 IDEA Fitness Journal SPRINT Quiz: Health and Nutrition News
Welcome to the latest episode of the IDEA Listen & Learn CEC Podcast—the fitness industry’s first audible CEC program. In order to claim your CEC you will need to pass a short quiz which is available for purchase in the IDEA store. The quiz comes with the written version of the CEC articles on this podcast, so you also can read them and refer back to the research presented.
This episode contains information that has been approved for 1 CEC hour by more than 25 approval agencies including ACE, NASM, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA and NFPT. It contains 23 short articles—9 from our Headlines news section and 14 from our Food for Thought news section, as published in the June 2021 edition of IDEA Fitness Journal SPRINT. This collection of evidence-based news stories will bring you up to date on fitness trends, exercise research and the dynamic fields of diet, food, nutrition and behavior change science.
CEC articles included:
- Sharing Weight Loss Data With Coaches Helps
- Training Cancer Patients
- Fitness and Brain Health for Kids
- Optimal Health Gains From HIIT and MICT
- High Levels of Inactivity and Distractibility
- 5 Servings of Fruits and Vegetables
- Antioxidants for Depression
- Protein and Muscle
- Evening Chronotype and Diet
- Calorie Restriction and Mitochondria
Read by Judy Minich – Production Editor – IDEA