The Pros of Prehab, Exercise and COVID-19, Eating to Curb Anxiety
June 2020 IDEA Fitness Journal SPRINT Quiz: Health and Nutrition News
Welcome to the latest episode of the IDEA Listen & Learn CEC Podcast—the fitness industry’s first audible CEC program. In order to claim your CEC, you will need to pass a short quiz that is available for purchase in the IDEA store. The quiz comes with the written version of the CEC content in this podcast, so you also can read this material and refer back to the research presented.
This episode contains information that has been approved for 1 CEC hour by more than 25 approval agencies, including ACE, NASM, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA and NFPT. It contains 26 short reports—12 from our Headlines news section and 14 from our Food for Thought news section, as published in the June edition of IDEA Fitness Journal SPRINT . This collection of evidence-based news stories will bring you up to date on fitness trends, exercise research, and the dynamic fields of diet, food, nutrition and behavior change science.
CEC articles included:
- Stepping and Weight Loss
- New Music and Exercise Research Findings
- Strength Training: Should You Mix It Up?
- America’s Weight Status
- Prehab: A Potential Fit Pro Opportunity?
- Top Strategies for Maintaining Weight Loss
- Start Roughing It for Cancer Protection
- Athletes Who Play Indoor Sports Are at Risk for a Bad D-Fence
- Dieting Your Way Into the Lonely Hearts Club
- Take the Bitter with the Sweet
Link to the recipe: Tofu Steaks With Nut Sauce
Read by Sandy Todd Webster, Editor in Chief, IDEA Publications