Resistant Starch, Modern Food Marketing, and the $121 Billion Mental Wellness Economy
February 2021 IDEA Fitness Journal SPRINT Quiz: Health and Nutrition News
Welcome to the latest episode of the IDEA Listen & Learn CEC Podcast—the fitness industry’s first audible CEC program. In order to claim your CEC you will need to pass a short quiz which is available for purchase in the IDEA store. The quiz comes with the written version of the CEC articles on this podcast, so you also can read them and refer back to the research presented.
This episode contains information that has been approved for 1 CEC hour by more than 25 approval agencies including ACE, NASM, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA and NFPT. It contains 27 short articles—15 from our Headlines news section and 12 from our Food for Thought news section, as published in the Feb 2021 edition of IDEA Fitness Journal Sprint. This collection of evidence-based news stories will bring you up to date on fitness trends, exercise research and the dynamic fields of diet, food, nutrition and behavior change science.
CEC articles included:
- WHO’s New Message on Physical Activity
- HIIT Back on Sleep Loss Effects
- Resistance Training for Adolescents and Preadolescents
- Physically Active Working Moms Cope Better
- Sleep Loss? Vigorous Exercise May Reduce Cravings
- Arsenic in Rice
- Plant-Based Antioxidants We Need
- Words of the Day: Resistant Starch
- The Big 8 Food Allergens May Become 9
- Bone Up on Vegan Nutrition
Read by Judy Minich – Production Editor – IDEA