Hair Samples Reveal American Diet, The Dark Side of Night Eating, and Your Brain on Plant Chemicals
January 2021 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 1: Health and Fitness News, and Food and Nutrition News
Welcome to the latest episode of the IDEA Listen & Learn CEC Podcast—the fitness industry’s first audible CEC program. In order to claim your CEC you will need to pass a short quiz which is available for purchase in the IDEA store. The quiz comes with the written version of the CEC articles on this podcast, so you also can read them and refer back to the research presented.
This episode contains information that has been approved for 1 CEC hour by more than 25 approval agencies including ACE, NASM, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA and NFPT. It contains 23 short articles—11 from our Headlines news section and 12 from our Food for Thought news section, as published in the Jan-Feb 2021 edition of Fitness Journal. This collection of evidence-based news stories will bring you up to date on fitness trends, exercise research and the dynamic fields of diet, food, nutrition and behavior change science.
CEC articles included:
- Black Women Less Likely to Meet Activity Guidelines
- Lower Weight in Young Women ≠ Higher Fitness
- Safety Tips for Outdoor Group Exercise
- Eccentric Training Lacks Uniform Strategies
- Vigorous Exercise Benefits Older Adults
- Hair Samples Reveal American Diet
- Chickpeas and Rice for Protein
- The Dark Side of Night Eating
- Your Brain on Plant Chemicals
- A “Whole” Apple a Day
Read by Christopher Holtwick – Senior Digital Designer