Where the World of Wellness Comes Together
Reignite your intentions at the 2016 IDEA® World Convention, July 13-17, at L.A. LIVE.
Connection and communication go hand in hand, and both are vital to the wellness of a “tribe.” Seth Godin, author, speaker and entrepreneur says that a tribe “is a group of people connected to one another, connected to a leader, and connected to an idea. For millions of years, human beings have been part of one tribe or another. A group needs only two things to be a tribe: a shared interest and a way to communicate” (Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us, Portfolio 2008).
In just a few months, a tribe of more than 14,000 people from 60 countries will descend on the IDEA World Convention with a focused mission: to learn, connect and discover new ways to help others through fitness, wellness and nutrition.
It is truly where the world of wellness comes together.
This 32nd consecutive edition of IDEA World will feature 200 of the brightest minds in fitness and wellness leading over 370 sessions on personal training, group exercise, indoor cycling, nutrition, behavior change, online marketing, successful business management—and everything in between. Stellar education aside, what makes this fitness event so special is the overwhelming energy and inspiration that can barely be contained within the walls of the prime Los Angeles Convention Center/L.A. LIVE venue. The fitness event promises a truly in-depth and incomparable experience that will give you the tools, techniques and insights to build a better, more fulfilling—and life-changing!—career.
Where Inspiration Ignites
IDEA World is loaded with the fuel you need to take your passion to the next level. Here are some highlights planned for this year’s fitness event:
- Always one of the most inspirational experiences at the convention, this year’s Opening Ceremonies will feature a keynote from Chicken Soup for the Soul creator Jack Canfield, MS, who will share his proven secrets for unlocking peak performance and optimal success in all areas of life. P90X® creator and fitness personality Tony Horton will be honored with the IDEA Jack LaLanne award, presented by Elaine LaLanne. And Jenna Wolfe, most recently the TODAY show’s lifestyle and fitness correspondent, will present the IDEA Fitness Inspiration Award to Amy Van Dyken-Rouen, six-time Olympic champion in swimming. In 2014, Dyken-Rouen suffered a paralyzing spinal-cord injury, which inspired her to develop a foundation to support others with similar injuries.
- The highly acclaimed IDEA Success Academy returns, giving attendees a chance to learn what it takes to build a superior brand from some of the top minds in fitness. Other intensive, focused programs include the brand-new daylong IDEA World Nutrition & Behavior Change Summit and 4-day IDEA World Club & Studio Summit (for more information, see “New! IDEA World Club & Studio Summit” section in the IDEA World brochure).
- The IDEA World Fitness & Nutrition Expo Hall is better than ever with products, education, technology, apparel, food and more from 300 top brands. Be on hand for new-product launches and networking opportunities with industry leaders.
New! IDEA World Club & Studio Summit
For the first time, IDEA World will feature an event within the event that focuses solely on the mechanics of running a highly profitable club or studio. Hear from top entrepreneurs as they share tried-and-true secrets on how they built wildly successful businesses. If you’re an owner, manager or director looking to level-up your club or studio, you won’t want to miss the IDEA World Club and Studio Summit.
Check out the incredible lineup for this one-of-a-kind learning experience:
- LIVING the Success Principles—How to Get From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be, with Jack Canfield, MS
- Seven Figure Laws of Leadership, with Ryan Lee
- High Performance Tips: Dominate Business and Life, with Randy Hetrick
- Marketing Magic: Make Your Members the Heroes, with Trina Gray
- Know Your Niche: You Can’t Have Culture Without a Cult, with Mark Fisher
- Why Motivating People Doesn’t Work, with Susan Fowler
- Confidence Sells: Increase PT Sales and Retain Top Trainers, with Trish Blackwell
- Strengthen Your Club With Multiple Revenue Streams, with Ashley Selman
- Build Your Dream: Create Time and Financial Freedom, with Rick Mayo
- Define Your Purpose and Legacy, with Todd Durkin, MA
Mind-Body Wellness Sessions
This year’s fitness event also includes a rich mind-body program that covers the many aspects of wellness, including physical, mental, environmental, social and more. Presenters explore a range of topics to ensure the education presented stays in line with current health trends while forecasting what clients’ wellness needs may be 5 years from now. Here are just a few of the numerous opportunities at this year’s IDEA World Fitness Convention:
- C.H.E.K Institute: How to Work-In™ WS with Angie Lustrick
- Floetry in Motion, with Alex McLean
- Conscious Strength, with Keli Roberts
- Pilates: Moving Beyond the Core, with Benjamin Degenhardt
- Heavily Meditated and Highly Motivated—Meditation for the Fitness Mind, with Petra Kolber
- Mindset, Motivation and Changing Habits, with Kara Mohr, PhD
- Balanced Body®: Pilates for Office Workers, with Nora St. John, MS
- Choreographing Yoga, with Rina Jakubowicz
- Your Brain on Exercise—Holistic Benefits Explored, with Mark Kelly, PhD
- Posture for Performance and Personal Power, with Patricia Kirk