Because today’s kids are spending more and more time glued to the computer (see related story on this page), some Web-savvy experts advise using the computer to encourage physical activity.
Here’s a list of fun Web sites (courtesy of the Wall Street Journal) that are designed to do just that:
- www.bam.gov: includes a personality quiz that kids can take to choose a suitable sport
- www.kidshealth.org/teen/food_fitness/exercise/exercise.html: teaches teens about the importance of exercise
- www.cdc.gov/powerfulbones/index2.html: promotes activity among girls
- http://verbnow.com: an interactive
site featuring polls, quizzes and sports information
- www.presidentschallenge.org: contains activity logs, fitness calculators, and awards for when kids meet their goals
Dear IDEA Fitness Community, IDEA Health & Fitness Association’s staff and members are united in opposing prejudice, bigotry and racism. We denounce all acts and intents associated with these affronts to…
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up tp date with our latest news and products.