Looking for a healthy drink to replace your daily can of soda, which has recently been linked to an increased risk of developing metabolic syndrome? Try making a jug of iced tea, which needn’t be just a summer drink. You will need four tea bags—regular orange pekoe or green tea—along with cold, fresh, purified water.
- Unwrap and carefully slide off any paper attached to the tea bag strings; tie the strings together and place the bags in a heat-proof 2-quart pitcher.
- Bring 2 cups of cold water to a rapid boil. Remove from heat and immediately pour over the tea bags. Allow the tea to steep for 20 minutes or more.
- Remove the tea bags, squeeze off any extra liquid (being careful not to tear the bags) and discard. Fill the pitcher with enough cold, fresh, purified water to equal 2 quarts.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled before serving.
- To serve, pour the tea over a generous quantity of ice cubes in a tall glass, stirring in a small amount of sweetener, if desired, along with a squeeze of lemon.
- For a variation, replace one of the tea bags with a flavored tea, such as ginger peach, blackberry sage or almond vanilla. Makes 8 servings.
Dear IDEA Fitness Community, IDEA Health & Fitness Association’s staff and members are united in opposing prejudice, bigotry and racism. We denounce all acts and intents associated with these affronts to…
Updated: 4/14/2020 It is with a very heavy heart that we must cancel the 2020 IDEA World Convention, July 8-12, in Anaheim, CA. Despite making…
Editor in Chief: Sandy Todd Webster Executive Managing Editor: Katherine Watson Executive Editor: Joy Keller Production Editor: Judy Minich Publications Assistant: Sarah Kolvas Art Director:...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up tp date with our latest news and products.