Personal Trainers: Add Power to Your Purpose
Enhance the success of your clients and your business by attending the IDEA® Personal Trainer Institute, February 25-28 in Alexandria, Virginia, or April 14-17 in Seattle.
If knowledge is power, then the IDEA Personal Trainer Institute is like
a windmill farm of education. For the past many years, personal
trainers, training managers and entrepreneurs have come to this
knowledge hub to learn from the industry’s top change agents and to gain
the inspiration, insight and purpose it takes to enjoy a
fulfilling and financially rewarding career.
It is important that personal trainers consistently educate themselves
to stay current, bring out the best in their clients, and create a
long-lasting and fulfilling career,” advises Mike Z. Robinson, owner of
MZR Fitness in San Luis Obispo, California, and 2015 IDEA Personal
Trainer of the Year. I wouldn’t be where I am now if I didn’t
constantly make every possible effort to educate and challenge myself to
become not only a better fitness professional but also a better person.
The IDEA Personal Trainer Institute provides cutting-edge information
for fitness pros of all levels [so they can] find the X factors in
maximizing the client experience and also growing their career and
Whether you want to pick up new programming ideas for small-group
training, learn the ins and outs of developing a profitable online
training business or open your own facility, the IDEA Personal Trainer
Institute’s renowned faculty will share with you everything you need to
know to achieve your goal.
- Do you experience difficulty in guiding clients toward real, lasting
change? James Beauchemin, PhD, senior staff therapist for Ohio State
University, will present what he calls “solution-focused wellness
coaching.” “This model integrates specialized principles and
techniques that will help clients achieve balance across multiple
domains, including social, physical, emotional, intellectual and
spiritual wellness,” he explains.
Marc Bubbs, ND, will discuss research showing that men today have
significantly less testosterone than they did decades ago. Trainers
and coaches will learn about common exercise and nutrition mistakes
that cause testosterone “leaks” and what can be done to correct those
mistakes, says the author of The Paleo Project: The 21st Century
Guide to Looking Leaner, Getting Stronger and Living Longer.
Fascia continues to reign as a hot topic and one that ViPR™ inventor
Michol Dalcourt plans to shed new light on. “We are becoming more
aware of the role and behaviors of fascia (fibrous connective tissue
matrix) and its importance in movement function,” he says. “What is
less clear, however, are guidelines around how to train and influence
adaptation through this all-important structure.” Dalcourt will
address this issue and provide fascia-focused movement options to
integrate into client training programs.
Do you feel you’re spinning your wheels and you can’t get ahead in
business? Vito La Fata, owner of Fitness Profit Systems, will share
six ways to become a more productive, influential and successful
Killer content is only part of the overall IDEA Personal Trainer
Institute experience. You will have the opportunity to earn up to 21
CECs (4–8 additional CECs with preconference sessions); mix and mingle
with fellow fitness professionals; and take advantage of discounts on
the latest, greatest education and equipment offerings from your
Note these two special events:
At Thursday night’s Opening Session, “Set Your Career on Fire!,” Trina
Gray, owner of the Bay Athletic Club in Alpena, Michigan, will
moderate a panel discussion featuring industry leaders Shannon Fable,
Brent Gallagher, MSS, Brett Klika and Ashley Selman. These successful
veterans will share tips for opening a new facility, developing a
successful team, writing a book and more. They’ll also share insider
secrets, mistakes they’ve made and their predictions for the future.
On Friday night, Networking Happy Hour will be your ideal chance to
chat with fellow attendees and fitness conference sponsors.
A few other highlights from this year’s program:
specifically for training the anaerobic “explosive” energy systems
clients and your business
and stress-coping mechanisms impact quality of life
don’ts for popular platforms and how to develop eye-catching content
difference in your female clients’ physique
Tools for Success
No matter what your goal or interest is, the IDEA Personal Trainer
Institute offers the education to meet your needs. The program covers
everything from corrective exercise and high-intensity interval training
to lead generation and staff management must-dos.
Here is a sampling of what you can gain from this year’s educational
Advanced Movement Strategies
- Learn how to bulletproof the back with hip decoupling.
- Find ways to balance corrective exercise and fitness training.
- Understand the secrets of injury prevention for runners.
- Employ exercise selection based on movement screening.
- Learn what it takes to build your dream fitness facility.
- Implement multiple streams of revenue for a better bottom line.
- Build a successful business with proven social media strategies.
- Get online fast and develop off-the-floor income.
Learn how to slow the aging process with science and movement
- Utilize functional movements to minimize age-related dysfunction.
Research and Science Behind Popular Training Protocols
- Learn how training fascia can enhance client success.
- Understand today’s common myths and misconceptions in exercise.
Explore the benefits of implementing eccentric exercise in client
- Learn the new rules of high-intensity interval training.
Food and Nutrition
- Build a kitchen in your facility and expand client nutrition know-how.
Learn 10 eating strategies to get even the pickiest clients out of a
- Understand the real science behind sugar.
- Explore nutrition strategies for muscle hypertrophy and strength.
- Help female clients meet changing diet needs.
- Learn to train peri-, pre- and post-menopausal women.
- Develop exercise strategies for the entire family.
- Understand the most useful youth fitness assessment strategies.
- Debunk your female clients misconceptions about fat loss.
- Create a core-conditioning program for overweight clients.
- Help female clients ease the transition into menopause.
- Learn the seven most important skills for becoming an effective coach.
- Teach behavior change through exercise.
Understand how to use neural adaptive training to help clients move
- Personalize training even in a group environment.
Improve your communication skills by learning the art