One of the top tenets of running a successful business is to have a clear vision of where you want it to go.
“You can be the smartest person in your industry, but if you don’t have a clear vision of what you want to create or the hustle to make it happen, your talents go to waste,” says Lewis Howes, founder of The School of Greatness. “Learning how to harness your passion into focused, productive goals is essential to creating powerful fitness brands.”
However, the reality is that being an entrepreneur can often feel like a very solitary endeavor. Sure, you interact with clients daily and perhaps offer guidance to your staff. But who are the people you bounce new ideas off? And how do you know if your vision for your business and your future is viable? You’re not the only one with these concerns, which is why 14,000 fitness professionals from all corners of the industry will converge at L.A. LIVE, July 13–17, for the IDEA World Convention. This is your opportunity to meet with like-minded entrepreneurs—like Howes, who will present a session on how to achieve greatness—and develop the tools and strategies to build a better brand and business.
Read on to learn about some of the highlights you can expect at IDEA World.
Small-group training continues to make its mark on the fitness landscape, offering fitness pros a chance to help more people—and make more money—while giving consumers high-quality education for a lower rate than they’d get in private sessions. Here are a few of the many sessions you can choose from:
- How to Maximize Revenue From Small-Group Training, with Nick Clayton, MBA
- Cuing, Coaching and Communicating With Small Groups, with Irene Lewis-McCormick, MS
- Ramp Up Your Group Training Business With the Functional Movement Systems, with Mark Snow
- GAME-ification of Small-Group Training Programs, with Peter Twist, MSc
With small-group training continuing to thrive, presenter Irene Lewis-McCormick, MS, insists that individuals who lead sessions must develop powerful communication skills. “Performance-based cues are more important than ever because group training—particularly small-group—is typically a fee-based experience, and fitness consumers want quality programming as well as personalized instruction,” she explains.
McCormick plans to arm attendees with the cues and communication tools they need to create a successful small-group training experience.
Building a business requires more than a thorough understanding of anatomy and physiology. Learn the most effective strategies for maximizing profits and growth.
- Build a Stronger Business and Life in 12 Months—Work Smarter, Not Harder!, with Trina Gray
- Package and Sell Your Fitness Expertise Online, with Ryan Lee
- Strategize Your Social Media With Six Steps to Success, with Amanda Vogel, MA
- Fit Biz 101: Flex Your Marketing Muscle to Grow, Retain and Succeed, with John Heringer
Amanda Vogel, MA, founder of Active Voice, believes that one of the missing links in business growth is an effective social media campaign. She says, “Many people are missing the big picture of what they actually want to achieve on social media—and how to do it.”
Vogel plans to bring that big picture into focus in her session, “Strategize Your Social Media With Six Steps to Success.”
“Knowing what your plan is on social media serves three important purposes: You save an enormous amount of time and resources; you develop a clear sense of what and when to post on social media (and why you’re posting it); and you gain insight about whether you’re reaching your business goals through measurable outcomes.”
IDEA Success Academy
The IDEA Success Academy is back for a second year. Take this chance to learn how some of the top entrepreneurs in the fitness industry built wildly profitable and influential brands.
“It is said that ‘thoroughbreds like hanging out with thoroughbreds,’” muses Todd Durkin, MA, owner of Fitness Quest 10 in San Diego. “They don’t like hanging out with donkeys. The IDEA Success Academy is going to be a room full of ‘thoroughbred’ fitness industry professionals who have years of experience, expertise, and knowledge in many different areas of fitness and business. I am as excited as anyone to be part of what will be a tremendous experience!”
Chris Freytag, founder of Get Healthy U™, is eager to offer everything she’s learned from her 20+ years in the fitness industry about how to create an online brand.
“I plan to share as much as I can about my journey into the digital world of health and fitness and how and why I do what I do,” she explains. “I want to share what I know about creating a brand online and how to overcome any obstacles that are keeping you from moving forward.”
Check out this stellar lineup:
- Seven-Figure Laws of Leadership, with Ryan Lee
- Creating Your Purpose and Legacy—How to Live a Life Worth Telling a Story About, with Todd Durkin, MA
- Market to the Masses and Change Millions of Lives, with Chris Freytag, Cathe Friedrich and Natalie Jill
- High-Performance Tips: Dominate Business and Life, with Randy Hetrick
- Fix Your Life With Passion and Persistence, with Autumn Calabrese
- Become the Expert and Explode Your Brand with Sara Gottfried, MD
- The School of Greatness—Hustle, Passion, Focus and Vision, with Lewis Howes
For more information visit www.ideafit.com/world.