Prep: 50 min
Total: 50 min
Servings: 4 servings
Want to eat healthier? Make meatballs with high-fiber cereal & serve them over delicious whole wheat pasta
- ¾ cup Fiber One™ original bran cereal
- 1 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese (1 oz)
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion, undrained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 6 oz uncooked whole wheat angel hair (capellini) pasta Additional shredded parmesan cheese, if desired
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and finely crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or finely crush in food processor).
- In large bowl, mix cereal, ground beef, 1/4 cup cheese, the Italian seasoning, garlic powder and 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce until well blended. Shape into 16 (1 1/2-inch) meatballs.
- Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray. Cook meatballs in skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned. Drain if necessary. Add remaining tomato sauce, tomatoes and red pepper to skillet; turn meatballs to coat.
- Cover; cook over medium-low heat 15 to 20 minutes, stirring sauce and turning meatballs occasionally, until meatballs are thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Serve meatballs over pasta. Top each serving with additional Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 460, Total Fat 12g, Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium 950mg; Total Carbohydrate 54g, Dietary Fiber 10g, Sugars 9g, Protein 33g
Dear IDEA Fitness Community, IDEA Health & Fitness Association’s staff and members are united in opposing prejudice, bigotry and racism. We denounce all acts and intents associated with these affronts to…
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up tp date with our latest news and products.