IDEA Presenter Application
About IDEA’s Events
For over 39 years, IDEA has been the trusted leader in setting the standard for the fitness and wellness industry by providing the world’s best education and content. Through our events, we reach thousands of personal trainers, group fitness instructors, mind-body professionals, program/fitness directors, business owners, nutrition/health coaches, social media influencers, and fitness enthusiasts. We recognize that participants make an important investment to attend our events and as such, IDEA is committed to offering substantive, content-driven education that can be supported by research and accepted industry practices.
We begin the process of selecting education approximately 8-12 months in advance of each conference. As a result, the presenter application deadline dates are very early. Please pay close attention to the dates shown below, as we are unable to accept late applications.
|Conference||Location||Conference Dates*||Application Deadline|
|2022 IDEA® Personal Trainer Institute||Alexandria, VA||February 24-27, 2022||July 15, 2021|
|2022 IDEA® World Convention||Las Vegas, NV||July 20-24, 2022||August 31, 2021|
|2022 IDEA® World Club & Studio Summit||Las Vegas, NV||July 20-24, 2022||August 31, 2021|
|2022 IDEA® World Nutrition & Behavior Change Summit||Las Vegas, NV||July 20-24, 2022||August 31, 2021|
|2021 IDEA® China||Shanghai, China||Summer 2021||May 31, 2021|
|2021 IDEA® Korea||Seoul, Korea||November 26-28, 2021||May 31, 2021|
* Location and/or conference dates are subject to change.
The education program is comprised of session topics selected based on attendee feedback and past session enrollments. We must offer sessions that will appeal to the greatest number of attendees in order to fully maximize our event space and meet the needs of attendees. Presentation spaces are very limited. There are a certain number of spaces available for each specific topic area (i.e: Personal Training Techniques, Group Fitness, Cycling, Business, Nutrition, etc.). Topics should be timely and innovative and feature applicable, how-to content.
When determining a topic to submit, here are some questions to ask yourself:
- What has been missing from the convention program?
- What topics do other fitness pros ask you about?
- What challenges have you faced in your career that would be useful for others to learn about?
- What are mistakes that you see your fellow fit pros making and how would you overcome them?
Presenters must have the proper credentials and experience to present on each submitted topic. In order to be considered, presenters must possess a 100% complete IDEA FitnessConnect Profile and one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in exercise science or health-related field
- If presenting on business, a minimum four-year degree in a business-related field
- NCCA-accredited certification verified through IDEA FitnessConnect. All certifications must be current at the time of the event.
- Current E-RYT credential (yoga courses only)
IDEA's attendees expect to learn from those who have plenty of presenting experience and possess significant knowledge of chosen subject matter. We are always looking for fresh perspectives and new-to-IDEA voices however, individuals without prior presenting experience will not be considered.
How to Submit an Application
Prior to submission, please be sure you have a 100% complete IDEA FitnessConnect profile with verified certifications.
Please be prepared to submit the following:
- Contact information (name, email, phone number, etc.)
- Short bio (80 words or less). IDEA reserves the right to edit bios for length and style.
- Session Title (45 characters or less)
- Session Description (100 words or less). IDEA reserves the right to edit descriptions for length and style.
- Session Type (Workshop, Lecture, Workout, etc.) and Session Topic/Category
- Session Objectives (3-5 per session)
- Equipment & Audio Visual Needs
Video Submission Requirements for New-to-IDEA Presenters
Presenters new to the IDEA education program are required to submit a video.
- Submit a video of yourself explaining your current role(s) in the industry, experience and why you are the best person to present on your chosen subject(s).
- Videos should be no more than 5 minutes.
- High production quality is not required; mobile device videos are fine.
- Please be sure you can be seen and heard clearly on the video before submitting.
- YouTube links will be accepted.
- You may submit links to videos of you presenting in addition to your application video; submissions that do not include the 5-minute intro video will not be considered.
There are two options for submitting presentation proposals: Individual or Company. Please read the information below to determine which application is best suited to you.
Individual Presenter Application
Individual Presenter Applications are for individuals who wish to submit sessions that are of his/her own design (intellectual property) and are not affiliated with any commercial brand or company.
Commercial Brand/Company Application
Commercial Brand/Company Applications are for companies/brands that wish to submit education created by the brand. All companies/brands with education sessions are required to have a table in the IDEA Sponsor Marketplace at IDEA Personal Trainer Institute and/or a booth in the IDEA World Fitness & Nutrition Expo, based on which event they have been accepted for. This allows attendees the opportunity to interact with your products and services while maintaining the integrity of the education experience.
Notification of Session Selection or Session Non-Selection
Selection Notifications for 2022 Personal Trainer Institute: Presenters who submit for the 2022 IDEA Personal Trainer Institute East event will be notified of their selection status in early fall of 2021.
Selection Notifications for 2022 IDEA World: Presenters who submit for the 2022 IDEA World Convention will be notified by the end of January 2022.
Thank you again for taking the time to submit an application. We look forward to reviewing your application. Keep inspiring!
"*" indicates required fields