Pop-Culture and Nutrition, Warning Labels on Sugar Drinks, and Fiber Fights Depression
May 2021 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 1: Health and Fitness News, and Food and Nutrition News
Welcome to the latest episode of the IDEA Listen & Learn CEC Podcast—the fitness industry’s first audible CEC program. In order to claim your CEC you will need to pass a short quiz which is available for purchase in the IDEA store. The quiz comes with the written version of the CEC articles on this podcast, so you also can read them and refer back to the research presented.
This episode contains information that has been approved for 1 CEC hour by more than 25 approval agencies including ACE, NASM, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA and NFPT. It contains 25 short articles—10 from our Headlines news section and 15 from our Food for Thought news section, as published in the May 2021 edition of Fitness Journal. This collection of evidence-based news stories will bring you up to date on fitness trends, exercise research and the dynamic fields of diet, food, nutrition and behavior change science.
CEC articles included:
- Low-Impact Cardio Helps Expectant Moms
- Vibration Training Improves Strength in Stroke Survivors
- The Psoriasis-Fitness Connection
- Brain Fitness and Physical Activity During Pandemic
- Fitness Levels Predict Less-Severe COVID-19
- Does Oatmeal Raise Blood Sugar?
- Beta-Carotene for Vitamin A
- Fiber Fights Depression
- Sucrose, Glucose and Metabolism
If you’d like to answer the question of the month, please email your feedback [email protected].
Read by Joy Keller – Executive Editor, IDEA Publications