By now you know it is to your distinct advantage to set up a profile in the IDEA FitnessConnect online directory. Whether or not you use all the features, it at least ensures you one more point of contact for potential clients.
Why not take things to the next level and maximize how you promote yourself and your business? Here are 10 ideas (plus a bonus tip) on doing just that.
1. Profile Badge. Place one of the “Find me on IDEA FitnessConnect” badges on your website/blog. Take advantage of these badges by going to the “Quick Links” box underneath your profile picture and clicking on “Create Profile Badge.”
2. E-Mail Signature. Include a link to your profile in your e-mail signature. You will find your public profile link right above the “profile complete” status bar at the top of the page when you are logged in.
3. Reviews. Ask current and past clients to write a review for you on your page with the “Review Request” tool found at the bottom of your profile page. Reviews can help you market powerfully to potential clients seeking information to make educated decisions about you and your business.
4. Facebook. Use the Facebook “Share” button at the bottom of your public profile to share your IDEA Fitness Connect profile on Facebook.
5. Twitter™. Use the “Tweet This” button at the bottom of your public profile to share your IDEA FitnessConnect profile on Twitter.
6. Newsletter. Do you have a newsletter you send out to clients and leads? Include a link to your profile in your newsletter. If you don’t already have a newsletter, consider using IDEA FitnessConnect’s free e-newsletter. The content of each issue is a combination of IDEA’s editorial content and the data on your profile (profile picture, website, logo, etc.). Start the simple process of creating your newsletter by clicking on “Create Client Newsletter” in the “Quick Links” box beneath your profile picture.
7. Business Card. Add your profile URL on your business card.
8. Profile Completion. Fill out all the items on your profile page. Profile completion is one of 23 factors the search results ranking algorithm takes into account for all the fitness pros in the directory (the higher your ranking, the higher you will appear in search results).
9. Client Share. Take the client/lead sign-up sheet to your classes or sessions and request e-mail addresses from participants or clients. You will find the sheet under the “Clients/Leads” tab on your profile. Once you have the addresses in the system, you can use the “Client Share” button to send out your profile page via e-mail.
10. Facility Page. Have the owner or manager of your club or studio claim (www.ideafit.com/fitnessconnect/signup/club) the facility page. Once the facility is claimed, visitors will not only be able to see details about the place where you work; they will also be able to see you are a staff member and to click through to your profile.
Bonus Tip! Success Tools. You can also attract people to your profile by creating classes and events, adding videos and enabling your blog.
Healthier kids grow to be healthier adults. That's a recipe for success for parents looking for guidance, fit pros who want to expand their business...