Understanding why members remain loyal to fitness facilities may help managers and owners with their direct marketing efforts—and beef up retention rates. Here are the top reasons individuals stay members, says the most recent IHRSA Health Club Consumer Report: 2012 Health Club Activity, Usage, Trends & Analysis, produced by the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association:
By income level:
- For individuals earning more than $80,000 per year, equipment variety, working out over socializing, and obligation due to money spent on membership dues are primary motivators to remain members.
- For those making under $40,000, the primary focus is fun.
By marital status:
- Single individuals are most interested in getting in shape or staying in shape.
- Single individuals and those in relationships return for the variety of equipment.
- Those who are married cite health and well-being as primary motivators.
- People who are divorced, separated or widowed return to a fitness facility if the location is convenient.
Visit www.ihrsa.org/consumer-report to learn more about the report’s findings.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up tp date with our latest news and products.