INSPIRED SERVICE MANAGER MARCO VELASCO
- Marco has been walking IDEA’s talk for 9 years!
- Why Inspired Service matters, in Marco’s words: “One day I got a call from someone who had just lost her husband and was completely lost in life and looking to venture into a new career in fitness. Within a year she became an IDEA member, got NASM certified and attended the IDEA® World Convention. When I met her at World, she was glowing with happiness. Just seeing how we transformed her outlook on life was amazing!”
- Marco (aka DJ Cuetip) has been DJing for over 18 years. Right after he graduated from San Diego State University with his bachelor’s degree in kinesiology (specialties in health, fitness and nutrition), he was a part-time personal trainer but a full-time resident DJ for five nightclubs in downtown San Diego. Remember when he scrubbed at IDEA World in 2012?
- He is a born competitor who enjoys all sports and who would have loved to play pro baseball. He regularly competes in leagues for beach volleyball, basketball, flag football and bowling.
- Strange but true: Marco has mastered the art of winning most carnival games. If you ever need a goldfish or a giant stuffed animal, now you know who to hang with on the midway!
- Marco’s top bucket-list item is to patent an invention and apply for Shark Tank. His favorite Shark? Robert Herjavec. Just as Herjavec’s family fled Croatia and Communism, Marco’s family fled the Philippines and the dictatorship of Ferdinand Marcos to find a better life.
- The book he’s reading right now: Dude, You’re Gonna Be a Dad! Yup! He and his wife are expecting their first child in March.
One of Marco’s hidden talents is a bordering-on-freakish vertical jump. He has leapt from flat feet to a 40-incher! This is our team helping him fulfill his Crazy Birthday Wish jump shot a few years back.