With childhood obesity on the rise, personal training and group classes for kids are expanding. Good. But think first.
The international IDEA Health & Fitness Association offers suggestions parents should ask prospective personal trainers before hiring. A ''yes'' answer is what you're looking for:
• Is the trainer certified?
• Does the trainer have experience working with children and teens?
• Is the trainer certified in CPR and/or First Aid?
• Does the trainer keep your child's emergency information,
including allergies (drug or food), current medications and emergency contacts handy?
• Does the trainer keep track of your child's workouts and monitor progress.
• Does the trainer have liability youth fitness insurance?
• Is the trainer's temperment a good match for your child's?
More tips via www.idea fit.com.