Here are just a few highlights from this year’s Tracking the Fitness Movement (2004 edition), a study conducted for SGMA International by American Sports Data Inc.:
- Fitness walking is listed as the favorite form of exercise for 10.3 million people.
- Use of recumbent stationary bikes has risen by nearly 60% since 1998.
- Users of elliptical-motion trainers have the highest average annual household income—$83,900.
- Since 2000, the popularity of low-impact exercises like yoga, Pilates, stretching and elliptical-motion training has risen significantly.
- Training with free weights has been the number-one exercise form in the country since the late 1990s.
Assessment is the starting point of any wellness goal. As the industry leans digital, we're seeing more virtual fitness assessments.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up tp date with our latest news and products.