Are you curious about how the european fitness market is prospering? Here are some insights from The IHRSA European Health Club Report: Size & Scope of the Fitness Industry, which includes data from 32 “health club” markets.
- Roughly 44 million members visit 48,000 facilities throughout Europe.
- Revenue is estimated at about €25 billion.
- With more than 7,500 facilities, Germany is the leader in club count,
while Norway claims the greatest membership-penetration rate, at
nearly 16% of the total population.
- Spain and Italy rank among the top five European markets in market size, club count and memberships, while Portugal and Greece maintain membership-penetration rates well below the average for EU markets observed (6%).
- Emerging markets in eastern Europe account for roughly €1.1 billion in health club revenue, with 6,900 health clubs and 2.3 million members. Poland and Turkey lead emerging markets in market size, club count and memberships.
To learn more about the report, visit www.ihrsa.org/european-report.
In order to operate your business safely, here is a legal crash course with 4 core tips you should keep in mind.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up tp date with our latest news and products.