Impacting the Quality of Clients’ Lives
Use one simple bundle of resources to reach clients—and potential clients.
Michael Massafra, CPT/NCSF, is the owner of Dynamic Fitness and Wellness in-home training in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania. He also trains and teaches classes at Ellis Athletic Center in Newtown. He strives to help people improve their health, fitness, attitude and vitality. His sincere wish for his clients is that they feel good every day and live life as a rewarding experience.
To communicate with clients and leads, Massafra uses the free IDEA FitnessConnect tool, the largest fitness professional directory, connecting more than 16 million consumers to more than 250,000 fitness professionals online at www.ideafit.com. Below we talk with him about his experience with IDEA FitnessConnect.
1. How long have you been on IDEA FitnessConnect? “From the very beginning [August 2010],” says Massafra.
2. What tools do you use on your profile? Which are your favorites? “For the most part, I use the whole page,” he says. Massafra enjoys being able to easily manage and engage with potential and existing clients via IDEA FitnessConnect. He always posts his stability ball classes and TRX® boot camps on the events section to attract new participants. “My favorite tool is the client newsletter,” he explains. “I pride myself on keeping clients informed with as many wellness tips as possible so I can educate them for more than just the time we are training.”
3. Why do you participate in the IDEA Answers section? “I like answering questions that consumers post, because I enjoy helping others meet their fitness goals,” he explains. “My answers also put me out there as a fitness expert.”
4. Have potential clients contacted you through IDEA FitnessConnect? A number of leads have contacted Massafra, and some are now training with him. “Most people [who have contacted me] have been either executives or college students,” he says.
5. What do you do to promote your profile? “I send all of my new clients and leads a link to my IDEA FitnessConnect page so they can learn more about my services,” he explains.
6. How has a client benefited from your services after first contacting you through IDEA FitnessConnect? Client Lauren Robertson has had wonderful results from working with Massafra. “Michael listens and responds to my goals, is attentive to me when I am working out and is always thinking of new ways to push me,” she says. “He has helped me stand up straighter, has improved circulation to my legs and has given me better overall fitness. In addition to the support he provides with exercise goals and milestones, Michael is also a great resource for overall healthy living. Early on, we spoke about my eating habits, and he made some great points about my sodium intake. Since I reduced the amount of sodium I eat, the circulation to my legs has dramatically improved and the swelling has decreased.”
7. How have you benefited from being on IDEA FitnessConnect? “It has provided me with a great way of publicizing myself and tying all of my client resources into one bundle,” he says. “IDEA FitnessConnect has boosted my business and helped me retain clients.”