2014 IDEA Personal Trainer Institute™: West Coast Training Power
Get your training staff up to full speed with the industry's most powerful educational experience.
How do you help your personal training staff feel more empowered to change lives? Education, inspiration and purpose. You’ll find all three at the IDEA Personal Trainer Institute, coming to the West Coast April 10-13.
“Personal training is now recognized as a top career choice,” says Peter Davis, cofounder of IDEA. “There’s tremendous potential for trainers, but ongoing education and being committed to helping people are critical to success.”
IDEA Personal Trainer Institute is the industry’s leading educational fitness conference for success-minded managers, owners, personal trainers and coaches. Whether you’re brand-new to the industry or looking for new ideas, this is your opportunity to connect with the top names in the business, pick up solid new training skills to multiply your facility’s earning potential, and position yourself on the leading edge of innovation, research and trends.
For example, if you’re looking for a practical, hands-on way to boost personal training revenue, Thursday night’s opening session, “Making Dollars (and Sense) Using Different Training Philosophies,” with Rodney Corn, MA, is a must. This session will help trainers cut through the confusion that may arise in the face of multiple training methods and will teach ways to combine different approaches into a more profitable client-centered program that fits their training style. This success-charged weekend has the potential to shift your business for years to come.
Fitness is a competitive market, so staying ahead of training trends is more challenging than ever. All the major players come together at IDEA Personal Trainer Institute—from leading companies introducing the newest programs and equipment to educators explaining the latest research in fitness and nutrition, to the biggest names in training sharing their secrets of success. You’ll find the newest programming and equipment from leading brands offered at special discounted prices, along with new research on recovery, nutrition and psychology to boost results for your clients.
During Friday night’s Networking Happy Hour, you can mix and mingle with other top fitness managers, owners, directors, trainers and fitness conference sponsors.
Here are just a few other program highlights you’ll find this year:
- 5 new nontraditional marketing strategies that will triple your sales overnight
- secrets for successfully attracting Baby Boomers to your business, plus ways to position yourself as the expert on fitness and aging in your market
- tools you need to increase your hourly income through program design for small groups
- a ready-to-implement checklist you can use to gain new clients and close more sales
- a business starter kit with take-home templates and resources to help you start your own training business
- a 30-day action plan to become the go-to facility for corporate wellness programs in your community
What You Need to Succeed
Do you want to introduce your services to the corporate market? Bring in more clients through social media? Specialize in a new area such as postrehab, sports conditioning, women’s fitness, nutrition or weight management? Sessions on marketing and business growth will equip you to accomplish these key successes:
- Leverage your brand through social media.
- Learn 50 ways to boost leads, sales and income.
- Build alternative revenue streams.
- Grow online sales.
- Get new tools to start your own business.
- Develop corporate wellness strategies.
- Focus on team building.
- Integrate the newest technology for success.
- Design your programs for profit.
If you’re interested in more intensive training for yourself and your staff, you can choose from these three
TRX®: Sports Medicine Suspension Training® Workshop with Pete Holman
Take your TRX Suspension Training education to the next level. You’ll learn how to incorporate TRX Suspension Training into the treatment and prevention of musculoskeletal diseases or disabilities. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Competently demonstrate and teach the TRX sports medicine exercises and modifications.
- Understand treatments for common injuries (as learned through case-scenario formats).
- Provide therapeutic and preventive exercise applications for common musculoskeletal injuries.
- Join the official TRX directory of trainers and facilities.
This is a Level 2 course. It requires you to have previously taken a TRX Suspension Training Course (STC) or a TRX Group Suspension Training Course (GSTC) or to be a licensed healthcare professional.
A Day of IMPACT—a Life of LEADERSHIP! Lecture & Roundtable with Todd Durkin, MA
In this intensive program, business owner and industry leader Todd Durkin will provide an in-depth, experiential program to develop your inner leader. This 6-hour preconference will provide you a unique opportunity, not only to go through Durkin’s IMPACT Leadership program, but also to dive deeply into working on your business instead of in your business. Whether you are a one-person “solo-preneur,” a manager leading a large brand, an owner/operator of a training facility or a passionate fitness professional looking for a deeper entrepreneurial experience, this is your opportunity to seize the day and create maximum IMPACT in your life and the lives of those around you!
National Academy of Sports Medicine: Women’s Fitness Specialist Workshop with Fabio Comana, MA, MS
According to the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association, more than half of all female gym members use personal training services. NASM developed the Women’s Fitness Specialist credential to educate health and fitness professionals on how to effectively design exciting and engaging workouts to keep clients motivated. This workshop helps you recognize female clients’ unique needs, while teaching how to deliver training solutions throughout the different phases of a woman’s life. This workshop also helps prepare individuals for the WFS credential, covering the science behind the female body, fitness considerations for different phases, and specific nutritional needs.
Make the most of your commitment to excellence by investing in yourself and your team at IDEA Personal Trainer Institute.
Copyright: © 2014 by IDEA Health & Fitness Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction without permission is strictly prohibited.
Event at a Glance
2014 IDEA Personal Trainer Institute West
When: April 10-13, 2014
Preconference: April 10, 2014
Headquarters hotel: Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport,18740 International Blvd., Seattle, WA 98188; (206) 246-8600; (800) Hiltons www.hilton.com
Special IDEA room rate: Single/double: $112; triple: $132; quad: $152, plus applicable state and local taxes—currently 12.4%. Subject to change. This rate is based on availability and is valid until March 20, 2014 (cutoff date). This rate can also include up to 3 days prior and 3 days after the fitness event, depending on availability. Be sure to mention the IDEA Personal Trainer Institute to get the special rate.
Business/Program director member discount: IDEA business/program director members receive the discounted member price on an unlimited number of registrations for the full fitness conference and preconference sessions.
Budget-friendly payment plans: Sign up for IDEA’s budget-friendly payment plans and get instant access to select your sessions today.
Four Ways to Register
- By website: Register online at www.ideafit.com/ptrainer-west.
- By phone: To register using MasterCard, VISA, American Express or Discover, call (800) 999-4332, ext. 7; outside the U.S. and Canada, dial (858) 535-8979, ext. 7 (7:00 am-5:00 pm Pacific Time, Monday–Friday).
- By mail: Mail registration form(s) and payment to IDEA Health & Fitness Association, 10455 Pacific Center Ct., San Diego, CA 92121-4339.
- By fax: Fax registration form(s), including payment information, to (858) 535-8234 or (858) 713-1015. All registrations will be confirmed by email, not by fax. Please reserve fax line for registration forms only.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed: Register risk-free.
Get the Latest
Here are just some of the opportunities trainers will have to engage with the newest programs and equipment from top brands in the industry at the 2014 IDEA Personal Trainer Institute:
- Understand all the elements of the TRX® Training Zone and bring together the best of Suspension Training®, RipÔäó Training and functional conditioning.
- Discover OPTP’s new STAR ROLLERÔäó.
- Take home 30 rubber-resistance exercises and progressions from Thera-Band® Resistance Training.
- Improve overall athletic movement capability with the BOSU® Balance Trainer, BOSU Ballast® Ball and BOSU POWERSTAXÔäó.
- Train like an athlete with the Lebert EqualizerÔäó, Lebert Stretch StrapÔäó and Lebert Buddy SystemÔäó.
- Discover the latest research and functional programming from the Gray Institute.
- Learn the latest in sports performance and injury prevention from Trigger Point® Performance Therapy.
- Use the Dynamax medicine ball to deliver a revolutionary boot camp.
- Explore the hip, thigh and pelvic floor using the Anatomy in Three DimensionsÔäó system from Balanced Body®.
- Learn new techniques for the CoreFitnessRoller®.
- Supercharge your boot camps with the SandBell® by Hyperwear®.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up tp date with our latest news and products.