According to recent data from IBISWorld, a market research reports and analysis company, now is a good time to be in the fitness DVD business. If the company’s estimations are correct, it may be time to add DVD production to your to-do list. Here are some highlights from the report:
- The fitness DVD production industry is expected to grow 9.8% in the next 5 years.
- Fitness DVD production revenue is estimated to have climbed at an 11.2% annualized pace in the 5 years leading up to 2012, including a 12.6% jump in 2012 to $264.5 million.
- While digital formats are increasingly available, IBISWorld predicts that consumers will continue to opt for physical formats.
- The number of fitness DVD companies is expected to expand at an 11.5% annualized pace, topping out at 888 firms in 2017.
- Fitness video game technology is not expected to offer heavy competition, due to the cost of the gaming consoles needed to play the games.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up tp date with our latest news and products.