According to recent data from IBISWorld, a market research reports and analysis company, now is a good time to be in the fitness DVD business. If the company’s estimations are correct, it may be time to add DVD production to your to-do list. Here are some highlights from the report:
- The fitness DVD production industry is expected to grow 9.8% in the next 5 years.
- Fitness DVD production revenue is estimated to have climbed at an 11.2% annualized pace in the 5 years leading up to 2012, including a 12.6% jump in 2012 to $264.5 million.
- While digital formats are increasingly available, IBISWorld predicts that consumers will continue to opt for physical formats.
- The number of fitness DVD companies is expected to expand at an 11.5% annualized pace, topping out at 888 firms in 2017.
- Fitness video game technology is not expected to offer heavy competition, due to the cost of the gaming consoles needed to play the games.