The results of Parade magazine’s annual survey of Americans’ eating habits are just in, and the prognosis is grim: A whopping 84% of those surveyed this year say they try to eat a well-balanced diet—but mostly fail.
Here are some other positive and negative findings from the 2005 What America Eats® survey:
- 78% favor pizza as their top take-out food.
- 76% of adults now opt for fruit instead of other snacks.
- 76% believe it is “unhealthy” to eliminate an entire food group, such as carbs, from their diets.
- Women still grossly outnumber men as the primary food shoppers in the family (71% versus a measly 12%).
- Skipping meals is rampant, with 7 in 10 people passing on breakfast and another 37% regularly forgoing lunch.
- Half of those surveyed consider convenience foods part of “homemade” meals.
Results were published in the November 13, 2005, edition of Parade.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up tp date with our latest news and products.