Add zesty Black Bean Burgers with Sriracha Aioli to your meatless dinner options. They’re superfast to make and will become a fast favorite as well.
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light
- Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 burger)
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place beans in a large bowl; lightly mash. Stir in onion and next 7 ingredients. Divide mixture into 4 portions; shape each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Arrange patties on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 8 minutes; turn after 6 minutes. Add bun halves to pan; bake 3 minutes.
- Combine mayonnaise, Sriracha, and juice; spread over bottom halves of buns. Top each serving with 1 patty, 1/2 cup arugula, and top halves of buns.
PHOTOGRAPHY: Courtesy of Cooking Light/Jason Wallis
Whether your clients are trying to lose weight or gain muscle, chances are they have asked you about meal frequency and nutrient timing, which are...
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up tp date with our latest news and products.