If Sarah Kolvas could morph into any piece of fitness equipment, it would be resistance bands. “They seem unassuming,” she says, “but they’re actually very versatile, effective and challenging!”
Those are just a few of the words that do, in fact, describe the IDEA publication team’s noteworthy associate editor. She may have seemed a little shy when she started with IDEA more than 2 years ago, but she quickly impressed with her creativity, resilience and ability to take on—and conquer—any challenge.
One of those challenges was her decision to move to San Diego and join IDEA. Today, she counts “taking the risk to explore, move to a new city and reshape my life” as one of her greatest accomplishments so far. The team is grateful.
“Sarah is incredibly smart and hardworking and an excellent problem-solver,” says Sandy Todd Webster, IDEA’s editor in chief. “She manages the buildout of all six of IDEA’s digital publications and ensures they look great. Her writing and reporting skills are strong and versatile. I learn something new every time I read her coverage of anatomy in IDEA Body Lab on the last page of Fitness Journal! Sarah contributes meaningfully in many and varied ways and has fit into our culture seamlessly.”
More Sarah Stats
- She loves to power-lift. “Weightlifting is fun and challenging. I also enjoy cardio for stress relief.”
- Meg Gallagher (aka megsquats) is her fitness crush. “She’s a beast!”
- She’s a healthy eater (her favorite meal is chicken, rice and veggies), but you should also know that “it was most likely me who took the last cookie (and the first).”
- She can “beat almost anyone” at the card game Egyptian Ratscrew.
- She’s inspired by “the people I love, knowing life is full of possibilities and understanding it all a little bit more.”
“Sarah is a stellar human being and teammate,” Webster adds. “We are so lucky she took the gambit to move her life here to join our team!”
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up tp date with our latest news and products.