Affordable Health Care Plans
for IDEA’s Health and Fitness Professionals
IDEA® is proud to introduce the industry’s first medical and dental health care program for our fitness professionals.
Do you have affordable healthcare coverage? If so, are your benefits meeting your and your family’s healthcare needs? IDEA recognizes the challenges our members and customers have had finding affordable programs while working as a contractors or small business owners.
We are excited to introduce a new program that provides customized and flexible options for fitness professionals.
Coverage for your Family
We have plans that fit you and your family’s health coverage needs. We give our partners control in deciding the level of their medical plans while also participating in partnership databanking activities. Partners have access to benefit plans that offer doctor visits, labs, diagnostics and prescription benefits as well as the option to add a supplemental plan that offers emergency room coverage, hospitalization, and therapeutics. Other benefits, like dental plans, are also available to partners.
Coverage for your Business
Affordable Health Care webinar
Member and Family plans
Affordable and Flexible options
Medical and Dental plan options
Plans customized for the small business owner & contractor
Mobile application for anytime access
About the IDEA Health Care program
We’ve partnered with Crystal Bay Insurance Services to meet the dynamic, specialized health care needs of fitness professionals. We are proud to introduce the industry’s first medical and dental health care program for our fitness professionals.
As the world’s leading resource for fitness pros since 1982, we know access to affordable health care for you and your family can be expensive and inflexible. Our year-round enrollment and customized plans allow the small business owner affordable and flexible plan options.
While we hope you realize the combined value of an IDEA membership and health insurance plan, membership is not required for you to take advantage of this partnership.
If you have any questions regarding an IDEA Membership or Health Insurance Plan or both, please contact our Inspired Service Team at 800.999.4332, ext. 7 or [email protected].
There are four medical plans and two dental plans available. For a more in-depth list of benefit coverage, limitations and exclusions, refer to the Schedule of Benefits on the enrollment site.
- Well Premium. This base plan has a $0 deductible and is designed to encompass “everyday” needs.
- Well Premium helps cover primary care and specialist doctor visits, urgent care, labs, radiology, CT/MRI/MRA/PET scans and prescription benefits for a predetermined copay based on the service.
- It is ACA-compliant, “guaranteed issue” with no preexisting-condition exclusion.
- It includes a mobile application that allows members to store their I.D. cards on their phone.
- Well Premium gives 24/7 access to board-certified medical providers on demand for minor illnesses and injuries. Providers can call in prescriptions to your local pharmacy.
- It is a PPO plan, which means you can select your own doctor within the network.
- This plan gives access to two networks: Multiplan and First Health Network. For a more in-depth list of benefits coverage, limitations and exclusions, refer to the Schedule of Benefits on the enrollment site.
- Medical Enhanced Plans. These three plans are a buy-up option for the Well Premium plan. ALL benefits included in the Well Premium are included in the Medical Enhanced plans.
- Medical Enhanced is designed to cover the majority of medical needs that take place inside a facility.
- It helps to cover hospitalization, in- and outpatient surgery, emergency room, dialysis and chemotherapy.
- The three plan options members can choose from are Medical Enhanced 2.5, Medical Enhanced 5.0 and Medical Enhanced 10.0.
- The different numbers (2.5, 5.0 and 10.0) define three different deductible levels.
- Medical Enhanced has a 12-month preexisting condition clause and requires pre-authorization for some benefits.
- To learn more about benefits coverage, limitations and exclusions for all of these plans,please refer to the Schedule of Benefits on the enrollment site.
- DENTAL PLANS
There are two dental plans available. Each can be purchased in tandem with the medical plans or can be purchased as stand-alone dental plans.
- The two dental plans help to cover preventive dentistry at 100%; simple dentistry at 80% and complex dentistry at 50%.
- The percentages refer to how much the plans will pay for the type of service.
- The dental plans access the DenteMax network. To find a provider near you, refer to dentemax.com. To learn more about the benefits coverage, limitations and exclusions for these plans,please refer to the Schedule of Benefits on the enrollment site.
Members can enroll year-round through the enrollment site. Please note that the calendar year deductible resets every January 1.
Yes. There are four tiers of coverage: Member-only, Member and Spouse, Member and Child/Children, and Member and Family.
Yes. Anyone Can join the partnership plans, including sole proprietors, employees and independent contractors.
No. Vison, life and accident plans are not available at this time. We anticipate making them available to you in the near future.
The pre-existing condition limitation will apply for as long as the plan is in force. For example, if a person was treated for colon cancer in the 12 months prior to purchasing the plan, that would be a pre-existing condition. The plan would not pay benefits for any services or treatments related to that person’s colon cancer for as long as the person has the plan.
“Pre-existing condition” means an illness, injury, or condition:
1. For which medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment was recommended to or received by a covered person within 12 months immediately preceding the effective date the covered person became insured under the plan; or
2. That manifested symptoms which would cause an ordinarily prudent person to seek diagnosis
or treatment within the 12 months immediately preceding the applicable effective date the covered"
person became insured under the plan.
If rates increase, it would be on the calendar year. The goal is to keep price static.
For more information and to enroll, just enrollment site. Enrollment is open year-round, which means you can enroll at any time. You also can terminate your enrollment at any time throughout the year.
What if I need assistance selecting a plan or customer service once I sign up? Who do I contact?
7:00 AM - 6:00 PM (CST)
No, anyone is able to join the partnership through IDEA Health & Fitness Association.
If you would like to enroll in the medical plans, you are able to do so. With regard to obtaining instructions on how to terminate your existing coverage, everyone is different, but we recommend reaching out to your human resources or insurance representative or calling the number on your ID card for more information.
Yes. Your current job status does not matter. Anyone is able to join.