Nutrition Myth Busters: Science Fact or Fiction?
P.K. Newby, ScD, MPH, MS
Gluten-free? Low fat? High protein Paleo? It's a jungle out there when it comes to deciding what dietary advice will help clients best achieve optimal health, longevity and well-being. In this course, Harvard-trained health expert Dr. Newby discusses whether there's any truth behind today's fads as she looks through the lens of nutrition science. You will develop a basic understanding of nutritional biochemistry—no science background needed!—and apply it to debunk diet myths. Nutrition confusion ends here.
- Contrast the metabolism of complex versus simple carbohydrates.
- Summarize why different fats have diverse effects on health.
- Explain the unique properties of protein, and calculate how much you need.
- Summarize how beverages are digested compared to solid foods.
- Describe the science behind the Paleolithic diet and other current diet buzzwords and fads, and determine relevance for today’s eaters.
- Develop a plan for ending nutrition confusion.
|Nutrition Myth Busters: Science Fact or Fiction? ||Video|
|Nutrition Myth Busters: Science Fact or Fiction? ||Test|