Start spreading the word...New York City is the place to be this October 6-9.
Start spreading the word. . . . New York City is the place to be this October 6–9.
IDEA Personal Trainer—NYC 2005 will cut through the clutter of health, exercise and nutrition information to focus on what really helps your clients thrive. Get all the concentrated, in-depth learning you need in order to provide clients with an effective, streamlined vision for their exercise programs. You’ll leave with research-based tools and techniques to help you maximize your success—and your clients’.
We know that improving the health of your clients is a serious matter. However, that doesn’t mean we give you dry, dull information. Our world-class experts present facts based on science and research, but they do so in an entertaining, practical manner. The fitness conference also provides plenty of opportunities for fun—from networking with colleagues to shopping in the expo hall to exploring the entertainment powerhouse that is New York City.
Forget fluff. IDEA Personal Trainer—NYC 2005 brings you real knowledge and proven techniques you can use Monday morning with your clients. With more than 60% new presenters for this fitness event, we guarantee you fresh perspectives and innovative, practical information that goes deep.
If you’re an advanced trainer, this fitness event provides specialized knowledge so you can hone your skills and go into new areas of training. If you’re a beginning or intermediate trainer, this fitness event gives credible, solid information that can propel you to a more advanced level of knowledge—and an ability to earn more income. All trainers can obtain up to 15.5 valuable continuing education credits (CECs) from organizations such as ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NASM, NATA, NSCA and others.
Get serious education on these subjects:
- biomechanics, exercise technique, balance and core training
- postrehabilitation/sports medicine
- lifestyle coaching/psychology/motivation
- Inspire the World to Fitness® topics
- sports conditioning
- special populations
- business management and nutrition/weight management
- mind-body exercise
Get ready to be seriously motivated by someone with a positive message delivered in an entertaining manner. Our keynote speaker, John Alston, who has appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show and public television, will inspire you to reach the next level as he shares strategies for developing new attitudes and directing the human spirit to achieve its very best. Get ready for an attitude adjustment that will help you better serve your clients!
You’ll take home approaches for navigating changes and challenges with common sense and practical communication methods. Masterfully using humor, personal experience and storytelling, John will teach you skills for success. You’ll leave John’s keynote fired up, empowered, informed, inspired and ready for peak performance!
Since we’ve started offering IDEA’s unique Club Without Walls sessions in the open air, they’ve sold out every time! That’s why there are more of them than last year. Experience Central Park as your health and fitness facility in the beautiful autumn weather. Let the following imaginative sessions take you off the gym floor and outside into new ways of thinking about fitness.
- ChiRunning®: A Revolutionary Approach to Effortless, Injury-Free Running—with Danny Dreyer
- Quicksand Training—with Christa Pryor, MEd
- Rock Climbing at the Piers—with Ivan Greene
- Yoga in Central Park—with Stacy McCarthy
We’re also excited to bring you some brand-new types of sessions. These top-of-the-line workshops help you seriously improve your skills and learn comprehensive information on a given subject. For each of these, you receive a certificate of completion as visual proof of your education.
- are 4 hours long;
- combine in-depth research and cutting-edge practical application;
- offer maximum learning;
- are limited to a small number of participants to give you hands-on attention;
- are taught by experts in their areas, most of whom have advanced degrees.
- Balance Training: What Does the Research Say?—with Sabrena Newton, MS, and Katherine Coltrin, MS
- Special Considerations for Clients With Special Needs— with Greg Roskopf, MA
- The Core Starts From the Floor—with Chuck Wolf, MS
- Program Design for Osteoporosis—with Joan Pagano
- Steps to Creating a Professional In-Home Training Business—with Kay Cross, MEd, CSCS
- Assessment to Program Design—A Live Case Presentation—with Lenny Parracino, CMT, ART, PES, and Evan Chait, PT, ART
Want to maximize your fitness conference experience and receive additional CECs? Attend one or more of the Accelerator pre- or postconference sessions.
Preconference Sessions, Thursday, October 6. Enjoy a wide range of choices:
- The Foundations of All Exercise: Mechanics, NTension, MicroProgression™, Sponsored by the Nautilus Institute®—with Tom Purvis, RPT
- Think-GPS!™ Adventure Training—with Leigh Crews
- STOTT PILATES™ Foam Roller Plus—with Stefania Della Pia
- STOTT PILATES™ Intermediate Matwork™—with Stefania Della Pia
- Tapping Into the Explosive Sports Performance Youth Market: Inside a Health Club or Out on the Field—with Bill Parisi
- BOSU® Body Conditioning for Athletes (And We’re All Athletes!)—with David Weck
Fitness and Sports
Other Fun Restaurants
Shopping Hot Spots