Once again, you've set a new standard! We are simply in awe of the inspiration, intelligence and willpower that IDEA members possess. After successfully wrapping up the 2016 IDEA World Convention, we're reminded just how powerful the health and wellness revolution is, and we're so proud to be a part of it! Not only did the world come together to explore fitness, nutrition, wholeness and technology; the very universe seemed to expand a little, thanks to the collective energy of people who never tire of helping others reach their goals. In fact, the drive to inspire appears to keep getting stronger, owing to dedicated professionals like you. You can live (or relive) the tremendous IDEA World experience in a special feature this month, but we also want to share some of our favorite moments:
- We enjoyed meeting as many of the 14,000 attendees from 55 countries as we could, and couldn't get enough of the upbeat energy and insights shared during sessions. Thanks in part to the IDEA College Discovery Program, more college students attended than ever before, ensuring the continued growth of our industry.
- We were astounded by the always-busy IDEA World Fitness & Nutrition Expo, which featured hundreds of quality booths from trendsetting companies, including those in the biggest Nutrition Pavilion ever. The samples were nourishing and tasty and helped fuel thousands to go the extra mile.
- We're still reflecting on how grateful we are for the warm reception our two new events received. The IDEA World Nutrition & Behavior Change Summit and the IDEA World Club & Studio Summit set new standards for in-depth education. We look forward to advancing the collective conversation about nutrition and praise-worthy business practices.
- We're humbled by the dedication, drive and sacrifices so many international attendees made to participate in IDEA World. It's amazing, and we're so grateful!
- The Opening Ceremonies were a treasure trove of motivation and quotable quotes. We are so proud of the 2016 IDEA award honorees, and we're still feeling the positive pull of these words from 2016 IDEA Inspiration Award recipient Amy Van Dyken-Rouen: "Once you have [fitness] in your life, you can't live without it. Every single day is a blessing."
- We were excited by how engaged attendees were at the IDEA World Challenge Arena, Fueled by Gatorade® and Propel®. It was friendly competition at its best, and a fun addition to the Expo Hall.
- We loved the celebratory infusion of enthusiasm at this year's welcome party, including a special dance performance circle by BollyX®.
- We were very impressed with the quality of this year's educational program, which included something for every fitness career path. Many of you stopped us in the hallways to share the reasons why you love learning at IDEA World.
- Finally, we are already working on and looking forward to next year's event, which will mark our 35th anniversary! Make plans now to attend the 2017 IDEA World Convention, July 19–23, in Las Vegas.
We'd love to hear what stood out most for you at this year's event. Share your favorite stories at email@example.com.
Yours in health and happiness,
Kathie & Peter Davis
Co-founders of IDEA