IDEA World Fitness Awards
The IDEA World Fitness Awards are the Academy Awards of the industry. In 2021, the recipients will be recognized streaming live and watched by thousands ofindustry leaders and fitness professionals during IDEA World Virtual on July 10, 2021. Apply or nominate a fellow outstanding fitness professional. Applications are due April 1, 2021.
IDEA Fitness Leader of the Year
The IDEA Fitness Leader of the Year Award honors a facility owner or manager, program director, or personal training/fitness manager whose outstanding contributions to the fitness industry serve staff, fitness professionals, clients and their community in inspiring ways and who’s leadership and business skills better the overall success of our industry.
IDEA Personal Trainer of the Year
The IDEA Personal Trainer of the Year Award honors a certified personal trainer who trains clients one-on-one at least 15 hours each week, and whose exceptional leadership, business management and instructional skills motivate and inspire clients to greater personal growth and a higher level of fitness.
IDEA Fitness Instructor of the Year
The IDEA Fitness Instructor of the Year Award honors a certified group fitness instructor whose superior instructional and leadership skills are demonstrated through community and industry involvement, as well as the ability to inspire and motivate others to commit to a healthy lifestyle.
Benefits to Award Recipients
- Recognition from the industry’s leading membership organization
- Complimentary registration to 2021 IDEA World Virtual
- Complimentary 1-year IDEA membership
- Beautiful glass award and award certificate for you to display
- Photo and coverage of the award recipient in IDEA magazines and on the IDEA website
- Press releases sent to over 600 media contacts regarding award recipient
- Opportunity to serve as an IDEA media spokesperson
- Must be a certified fitness professional with active certifications (Personal Trainer and Fitness Instructor awards only)
- Must have a completed IDEA Fitness Connect profile.
- Must submit application materials by April 1, 2021.
Include a copy of your resumé, not to exceed three pages. The resumé should detail the number of years you’ve been in the industry, your current role, your major accomplishments and educational background, and the certification(s) you hold.
b. Headshot photo
Provide one digital, color photograph of yourself (preferably a head shot) that can be used in a publication and slide presentation. Photograph should be at least 300dpi and saved as a .JPG file.
c. Essay Responses
In the application link you will find different questions for each of the three awards. In the responses you will describe how you:
Walk the Walk
Make a Difference in Your Community
d. Letters of Reference
Supply two reference letters in support of the two stories in which you described how you or your program inspired a client.
e. Media Appearances (optional)
Include up to three relevant social media, newspaper articles, publications, blogs, TV, volunteer work, free programs/classes, community outreach fundraiser that support your application. Please photocopy them on 8 1/2” x 11” paper, reducing the piece to fit if necessary.