In a world full of change, one IDEA tradition has endured: Our July–August issue of Fitness Journal is filled almost entirely with in-depth features written to stoke your intellect and imagination. The issue was assigned in January and, as ever, was intended to be a bonus gift at the IDEA® World Convention—but that event was canceled for the first time in 38 years because of the COVID-19 pandemic. We’re choosing to accentuate the positive here at headquarters and have tried to stay on the sunny side as we pursue the silver lining.
Despite so much tumult, IDEA remains committed to delivering rich and practical information in, this, the industry’s most celebrated written resource offering continuing education for fitness professionals. With 13 major publishing awards garnered over the past 15 years, we are proud to bear the quality standard for the entire industry. Our editorial team leaves no detail unturned, no fact unchecked, no image selected without careful consideration.
Reading any one—or all—of the well-crafted, fascinating articles in these pages is guaranteed to give your mind something new to work on and get excited about, to explore deeper, or to try with your clients when the time comes.
We invite you to feast on features that cover the following:
- the science and application of vibration training
- an exploration of weight bias and a call to action for all professionals, plus seven strategies for coaching clients with obesity
- an in-depth review of intermittent fasting
- a trip around the world to learn the secrets of the five “Blue Zones,” where people regularly live to be 100 or more with amazing quality of life
- a look at how hiring a mentor can save fit pros time and, ultimately, make them more money
We’d love to hear your thoughts on the issue—and on other topics you’re interested in learning more about, so please share: [email protected]
The Silver Lining: IDEA® World Virtual Is Coming to You!
After planning IDEA World for a year and then seeing the early weeks of the pandemic wreak havoc with those plans, the unflappable IDEA events team quickly adapted to the inevitable and started creating IDEA World Virtual. Scheduled for August 21–22, this event will feature 45 sessions delivered by 50 prestigious educators and is the place where you can invest in a powerful future while earning up to 13 CECs.
From the safety and comfort of your own home, you’ll gain access to
- innovative education for personal trainers, group fitness instructors and health coaches, delivered by the industry’s best educators;
- the IDEA World Club & Studio Summit, designed specifically to provide business owners and operators with action plans to navigate these tough times and secure future success;
- the IDEA World Nutrition & Behavior Change Summit, planned to give you the most up-to-date research, strategies and plans to help your clients and community adopt healthy behaviors for the long term;
- networking opportunities where you can exchange best practices and new ways to bulletproof your career; and
- an interactive and cutting-edge virtual expo hall with top industry brands.
As we consider the new normal of the fitness business landscape, your clients, members and community need you more than ever. Arm yourself with the most potent tools, techniques and inspiration to help them—and your career—thrive during this challenging time and beyond. Learn more at ideafit.com/world-virtual.
Sandy Todd Webster
Editor in Chief
We listened to IDEA members to blaze a path forward, creating a new membership, podcast and tools for fitness professionals.
Fitness professionals know how essential fitness is, but during the pandemic, the legal interpretation of "essential" vastly differed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up tp date with our latest news and products.