Compound, Multi-Joint or Full Body Exercises or Combination Movements thereof, in Circuit Fashion using multiple training tools including the usual barbells and dumbbells, plus kettlebells, sand bells, sand bags, stability balls, medicine balls, Suspension Trainers (such as TRX or Jungle Gym), battle ropes, chains, tires, 5 gallon water jugs, and body weight.
One of my favorite formats is doing a strength circuit: 6 Sets of 10 reps in 10 minutes, repeat 4 times and alternate sides every other circuit as appropriate/necessary. For example, try this:
1. Barbell with Chain Squats – load one side of a barbell with a chain to create instability and variable resistance as you lift/lower the weight.
2. Uneven Dumbbell Chest Press on Stability Ball with 2:1 ratio on reps. For example, left hand has 50 lb Dumbell, right hand 70 lb. Complete 1 rep with left arm (lighter weight) only, then press both dumbbells at the same time for another rep.
3. Sandbag Lateral Lunge & Wide Row – alternate sides every other rep.
4. Alternating Side Kick Throughs (from “Beast” position).
5. Sandbag Clean & Rotational Press – alternate sides every other rep.
6. Burpee to Pullup. Alternate two Burpees (no pushup, no jump) with 1 Pullup for a count of 10/5.