I am looking to progress my practice to Teacher Training. I have an Intern at the college that I am working with, and want to bring it to the next level. What certifications are available through IDEA? Do my insurance requirements change?
I don’t think there is one simple pathway in becoming a Teacher Trainer. I have been running my own Teacher Training business for about 26 years which is where I make the most money and have total creative and professional control. My workshops are AFAA approved and ACE professionals may petition because I have a Kinesiology degree. I do plan on getting my courses ACE approved this year, I present workshops CAHPERD, YMCA and AFAA.
Here are some tips.
1. Decide what organization(s) that you want to be a Teacher Trainer for and/or do you want to start your own Teacher Training business. Then find out all the requirements to becoming a Teacher Trainer (membership, certification, degree, years of experience, years of education, professional references, resume, curriculum vitae, etc)
2. Frequency enhance your resume and curriculum vitae)
3. Whenever you take workshops, take more notes on their teaching methods.
4. Take workshops on how to be Teacher Trainer (communication skills, types of learners, lesson planning, etc)
5. Attain multiple memberships through different organization to increase your resources.
***In a nutshell, research your occupation by networking with other professionals