Best exercise for someone with lower back pain? As other’s have said, very general question to a very complicated topic. This I leave up to the physio’s and their doctors to figure out. Although some suggestions may work, I think it’s out of our scope to diagnose and then give exercises based on our assumptions of what is causing their back pain. I like to ask these questions
– how do we know that their back pain is biomechanical ?
– is it chronic?
– can I work around it or refer to a physio who understands pain science?
– for those who suggested “strengthening” one muscle will help, how do you know this? Is it from personal anecdote or is it from anecdote, research combined?
– how do nocebo’s, placebo’s play a role in this patients understanding of pain?
– do we as a profession understan pain is multifactorial, with biomechanics just being a part of it sometimes, but not always
Just some things to think about before words come out of our mouths that may actually cause more harm than good in my opinion