Hi Lisa. I don’t mean this to sound like a ‘flip answer’ because it’s not intended that way, but I’d say the “best software” for your purposes is whatever software truly serves YOUR purposes. I don’t believe in a “one-size fits all” in training nor in our business operations. You may find that one trainer LOVES a particular program for whatever reason and another hates it – so “best” is truly relative.
I use a simple Excel program to track my clients sessions and payments and it works well for me. But, any program that does or can be made to, track these two components can work.
I hope that this helps.
Check out Moso by Motionsoft. Thats what we use at the gym that I go to and people say it is magnificent www.motionsoft.net
Check out LUMON FIT
It is available on iPad App Store (search for LUMON FIT).
You can find more details about it on their website lumonfit.com
Below are main features of this app. It is super useful and mobile. Game changer!
This app allows you to:
– Store very detailed patient/client data (incl. Par-Q and medical information)
– Access 40 assessment templates (including posture, flexibility, cardiovascular, body composition, body dimensions, balance, muscle strength, and agility) and use them as your guide to patient assessment
– Reference an exercise library with over 500 exercises
– Create your own exercises and add them to the library for future use (including taken photos and linked videos)
– Automatically generate rehabilitation/exercise prescription suggestions and precautions based on assessment results
– Link your generated programs with YouTube videos for presentation purposes
– Take “before” and “after” pictures of assessment tasks and compare results
– Generate extremely detailed and explanatory progress reports within seconds (print or email)
– Generate take-home rehab and exercise programs for your clients (including videos of routines)
– Add feedback within the application to constantly improve the product
– Schedule seminars with a LUMON FIT representative for detailed explanation of all the product’s functions
– Calendar integration (Lumon Fit will schedule all your clients appointments for you)
– Reassessment reminders
– Intelligent exercise charts
– Electronic signatures for all documentation
– Wireless printing and emailing forms, data, or templates
– iCloud integration (never lose you patient’s info)
Hope this helps. Enjoy. EDIT
Web-based software for fitness & gym training. Intended for personal training and professional coaching.
Powerful personal trainer software to take your fitness business online today.
My Best Studio is professional and affordable online personal trainer software for managing clients, bookings, training sessions, programs, exercises and more.
For more information visit at – http://www.mybeststudio.com/studio-management-software.php
Influx offers a range of benefits:
– cloud based (so available anywhere)
– allows the management of appointments and group classes
– full invoice management and integration with direct debit 9if required)
– accounting software integration
– member app booking that is simple to use