There are couple of softwares in the market which can fulfill your needs. Following features are must haves in my opinion.
Sales & Marketing
Due calls management, SMS & Email alerts for Renewals, Balances, Promotions, Member Irregularity, etc.
Online Schedule Management, Automated SMS & Email Reminder to Members & Staff before the Appointment, Paid Service Appointment Management, and Session Usage Tracking
Powerful Access Control System to Track Member & Staff Attendance, Integration with Card based, Thumbprint, Palm Vein Biometric Machines, etc.
Prospect, Member, Referral, and Trial Management, Membership Upgrades, Transfers, and Freezing; Tracking all Communication with Customers
Record all Monetary Actions, Integration with Access Control (E.g. Automatically disallow if the payment is not recovered from the client)
Reports & Analytics
To help you Analyze your Income, Balances, Renewals, etc.
Some non-functional questions you need to check with the company you are evaluating:
Do they provide regular trainings (considering the high attrition rate in the fitness industry)?
How good is their customer support?
Does it have regular updates, i.e., does the software add new features every month?
Are their existing clients happy?
Maybe you can get a few client references from them and cross check with those clients. That will surely help you decide its credibility.
Disclaimer: I work with the company www.fitnessforce.com which provides a club/gym management software.
Check out LUMON FIT
It is available on iPad App Store (search for LUMON FIT).
You can find more details about it on their website http://www.lumonfit.com
Below are main features of this app. It is super useful and mobile. Game changer!
This app allows you to:
– Store very detailed patient/client data (incl. Par-Q and medical information)
– Access 40 assessment templates (including posture, flexibility, cardiovascular, body composition, body dimensions, balance, muscle strength, and agility) and use them as your guide to patient assessment
– Reference an exercise library with over 500 exercises
– Create your own exercises and add them to the library for future use (including taken photos and linked videos)
– Automatically generate rehabilitation/exercise prescription suggestions and precautions based on assessment results
– Link your generated programs with YouTube videos for presentation purposes
– Take “before” and “after” pictures of assessment tasks and compare results
– Generate extremely detailed and explanatory progress reports within seconds (print or email)
– Generate take-home rehab and exercise programs for your clients (including videos of routines)
– Add feedback within the application to constantly improve the product
– Schedule seminars with a LUMON FIT representative for detailed explanation of all the product’s functions
– Calendar integration (Lumon Fit will schedule all your clients appointments for you)
– Reassessment reminders
– Intelligent exercise charts
– Electronic signatures for all documentation
– Wireless printing and emailing forms, data, or templates
– iCloud integration (never lose you patient’s info)
Hope this helps. Enjoy. EDIT