I recently wrote an article about the top 5 things I think fitness professionals can do to ensure their clients stay happy and loyal. I’ll summarize the headings (to save space) but you can check out the details here: http://www.danaauriemma.com/1/post/2013/04/client-retention-together-for…. Enjoy!
1. Start with a continuing education refresh.
2. Offer a fun new type of class or workshop.
3. Show a special gesture of appreciation.
4. Remind clients why they come (in a specific way).
5. Get feedback!
Successful clients is NUMBER ONE!! I don’t care what you offer or send for birthdays if you don’t get results you aren’t going to keep a client around. I even have a client that moved to the other side of the country but asked me to train her via email. Once you show a client what they are capable of nothing else matters.
In no particular order and from the perspective of a club owner:
– customer service via consistent contact / communication / recognition
– facilitating engagement
– gym cleanliness
– keeping their interest peaked
– club location
– education (for example offering classes at the club about nutrition)
– keeping the club/staff engaged and accountable.