People tend to blog about things they have interest in.
Your question really indicates what the content of the blog will be if it is informative.
I would be sure that your blog highlights “information” your audience is seeking information about.
If it is a persuasive blog on the other hand, the content should incite them to change how they think about a particular topic.
I hope this gives you some direction.
I’m with Lawrence 110%. What a great response to Ron’s question! I love blogs that create a fun, respectable place where its readers can interact and share their thoughts.
Ron, if you don’t mind me asking, have you determined who your blog’s target audience will be?
Here are five additional traits I look for when determining if I want to follow a new blog or not:
1) The blogger adheres to the “20:1 Rule.” This basically means the blog provides 20 things of value to its audience before requesting a favor or promoting a product to them.
2) The blogger actively seeks to engage their audience and make them feel like a part of the blog’s community.
3) Within an actual post the blogger has hyperlinked related sites/blogs/articles/etc. that supplement the post’s subject with other points of view. These links help connect me to other blogs I might find useful or at least interesting.
4) The blogger responds to comments left by their audience with more than just “Thanks” when appropriate.
5) It’s made clear to the audience as to what they can expect from the blog with respect to the topics it will cover and how often new posts will be available.
I hope the five traits I’ve listed are helpful. Best of luck!