The advise I give is in the form of education and let them make their own decision 🙂
1) Alcohol prevents muscle growth
2) Alcohol dehydrates your body
3) Alcohol inhibits absorption of nutrients
4) Alcohol affects your memory
5) Alcohol makes you gain weight
6) Alcohol can make a good cheat meal
Infrequency and moderation is key with alcohol. Smart moderation is the key, some studies even showed that consuming red wine in moderation, could be good for your heart due to antioxidants such as flavonoids and resveratrol that may help prevent heart disease by increasing levels of “good” cholesterol and protecting against artery damage.