All of these “strategies” involve time, effort, and a proven track record of quality service. Here are the ones I suggest…
1. Word of Mouth/Referrals–One of the best ways to gain more personal training clients so this would be #1 for me. All of the marketing just doesn’t compare to having someone personally refer you and your services.
2. In-Person Networking–You never know who you will meet, what their needs are, and what kind of impact you will have on them. Making connections in the community is key. Talk about your services everywhere, and give out business cards or fliers/specials. You can even barter some of your services with others.
3. Social Networking–Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc… May not be the best at getting clients, but it gets you an online presence and a means to communicate your services.
4. Marketing with Specials–Not bottom of the barrel discounts (you still want to have value to your services), but offer specials once in a while to attract clients. “Fall into Fitness” and Happy New “You” (instead of Year).
5. Offer some FREE services–Yes, FREE services once in a while!
I sometimes donate gift baskets/free personal training sessions for various fund raisers. I have also done free fitness presentations for my local Early Childhood PTA meetings. In addition, I also do free fitness consultations for a potential client so they can meet me, get to know me and what I have to offer and offer an assessment if they want one. These have ALL resulted in clients for me.
Hope some of these help!