Definitely beans, lentils, liver, soybeans and red meat.
If you are into meat, you might try eating bison steaks every now and then. They are considerably leaner than beef steaks and bison meat is PACKED with iron. That is not a recommendation, however. I can’t offer you any recommendations.
I’m not a registered dietitian, but it is a fact that all of these foods are high in iron.
Raw foods provide iron that is absorbed most efficiently. Foods that are rich in vitamin C such as citrus and tomato are known to increase iron absorption as well. A very good website to check out most of the best iron-rich foods and some good advices on how to improve the way your body absorbs iron.
Here is the link:
Hope you like it! =D
* Red meat
* Egg yolks
* Dark, leafy greens (spinach, collards)
* Dried fruit (prunes, raisins)
* Iron-enriched cereals and grains (check the labels)
* Mollusks (oysters, clams, scallops)
* Turkey or chicken giblets
* Beans, lentils, chick peas and soybeans
I copied this from WebMD
I was pleasantly surprised that artichokes are on the list. I love artichokes!