I do not offer online training or online education. It isn’t what I am about. But I understand it is the web presence/video market era. If I were to do this, I would definitely do these things liability wise:
1. Just like all of the things you must “click” the “I Agree” button for, I would have a risk and release in that format. And the user would have to click that I Agree button everytime they logged on.
2. I would include this training on my insurance. I have not requested this yet, but I was told that it is a part of the insurance service now. I do believe that there is an additional fee.
3. I would include a health history page for the clients to fill out and review it to give them feedback on any medical issues.
4. And for any medical issues, I would require a physcian’s clearance along with an “I Agree” to follow the physcian’s advice button.
5. For borderline “should get physician’s clearance” clients (I won’t work with definitely needs clearance, but won’t get it clients.), I would have an “I have been told that it would be wise to see my physician prior to beginning an exercise program, but I decline this advice. And in doing so, I assume all risk to my health and safety.” statement with an “I Agree” button for every visit to the site. This could be combined with an “I have physician’s clearance” button as an option.
And of course, you will over time learn of all the things you haven’t thought of adding to your access system. I would make sure that they can be added quickly as they come up.